ALM - Round 7 Discussion - 2023/24

Presumably because he is also the VC of my side.
On the other hand, I traded out Maclaren for Zawada this week though so happy that Arslan took their penalty.

I see Arslan is coming into form after stinking it up for weeks now that I sold him

LOL

1 Like

Indeed

LOL Lopane won’t want to look at that again. Tremendous assist for Taggart.

Jets take a shock lead. Great run and assist from Taylor.

Bad goal from Welly to concede on the break. Poulsen spilled it for Taylor to pass the ball into an empty net.

Straight into the second half, Taylor dribbled forward from deep, beat a few players and earned a spot kick. Stamatalopoulos buries it for his second goal. 3-0 Jets early in the second half. Can’t say they haven’t deserved it. Welly have been very flat, and Taylor is on fire.

This game is also showing how exposed Welly are when they concede first. They don’t have a single player out there who can reliably create an opportunity in the final third. They are heavily reliant on good crosses or mistakes from the opposition. And a good defence of their own.

:grimacing:

Yeah I missed that one by a little bit :joy:

Welly have come close a few times in the second half, but Jets deserve to comfortably lead the game. It feels like every time the Jets go forward its with purpose. A far, far cry from the last few weeks. Also they benched Buhagiar and as far as I’m aware, still hasn’t been unleashed yet. Archie Goodwin has just gone onto the field up front, so I wonder if Stanton is starting to draw a line in the sand.

1 Like

3-0 Jets full time. Nix back to reality, including the fact Kosta can absolutely not be trusted to reliably feed anybody in the final third. At one point, I saw him go in behind, with about a 5 metre head start on his nearest marker. Pretty clear that the best option was to put a low cross over for Kraev. What does he do? Cut inside, almost run into the defender he had well and truly lost, to make a short pass inside for a low percentage opportunity. I was gobsmacked, even knowing it was Kosta.

Certainly not a dull season in terms of the unpredictability of results week to week

The penalty for Newcastle is amazingly A-League. Not one but two defenders foul him!

1 Like

Sounds like a guy we should throw $2.1M at.

Yep. We should even put balls over the top for him to chase and refuse to give him a single low early ball where he may be able to run at defenders.

Adelaide 0-0 Brisbane at half time. I can’t say I was expecting that.

2-0 to Brisbane with not long to go. Veart held Adelaide back at half-time, literally and probably figuratively. Brisbane should’ve scored a couple more after the break.

I assume a draw is the best result for us in the WSW-AS game?

We’re four points behind sixth already. I don’t think we should even be concerning ourselves with what a “favourable result” is elsewhere. Sydney simply have to start winning.

1 Like

Fair comment. Anyway, Fornaroli seems to be enjoying his football.

That penalty for a handball miles outside the box would’ve been a lot funnier if it wasn’t Melbourne benefiting from it.