Andrew Bluemayne Thread

Was offered a contract by Arsenal as a teenager but couldn’t go. Been a long journey to this point since then

He dodged a bullet there.

Petr Cech has posters of Redmayne on his wall.

2 Likes

This needs a spot in this thread too. I just love the complete and utter disrespect shown by hoofing the ball away after. It literally ended up near the far corner flag. :rofl:

5 Likes

Australian international Andrew Redmayne

2 Likes

Is this the best transfer story of all time?

4 Likes

What was it that Kerry Packer said about Alan Bond when he sold him Ch.9? You only get one Alan Bond in your life or something.
That was our Alan Bond moment.

3 Likes

Hes applied for the purple Wiggles job @ age 45 when he leaves FC.

I loved that story from Garby on the Fox pod where he said that Redmayne was going to retire after his Western Suburbs contract and find something else to do. Instead, he’s become one of the great Australian football stories.

I’m worried we’ll have to start fending off overseas interest in the big man now.

Whoa, back up. He’s had one excellent season. He probably needs another before daring to dream of an overseas move. While he had many good games for us and won us quite a few points, he still made errors he needs to cut out of his game to make that next step.

Plus he’s 30 so the odds would be further reduced. Obviously Vuka left at an older age than that but Vuka is also a much better keeper.

I wonder why Crawley couldn’t get the best out of Vedran? Vuka & Redmayne both greatly improved under him and earned NT call ups and he even got the best out of Tom Glover at the recent Olyroo tournament if his drop off in performance since returning is any indication. Vedran with Kalac as coach is a far better GK than Vedran with Crawley, or anyone else for that matter, as coach judging by his time here & at WSW.

Kalac is the “snake-whisperer”.

5 Likes

Was great to hear Redders on the Fox pod, seems like an interesting guy and he sounded like he was. buzzing for Tilio and VDS. Also loved that he is a regular listener of the pod.

It was a great listen. I liked the way he kind of casually mentioned he would “go back to pouring coffees and finishing my studies” if he left football. He came across as very grounded.

Seems like he was set to if Crawley hadn’t given him a lifeline with us. Then Vuka left and that was huge for him. And I’ve got to say, from Vuka to Redmayne it’s been a smooth transition.

I didn’t think Vedran was too bad when he was with us, apart from the occasional error. I didn’t see him improve when he went to WSW, in fact, apart from that first derby where he had a blinder, he started making a lot more errors with WSW. On top of that, Redders was making loads of mistakes while at WSW and a lot of their fans thought he was hopeless.

And not to mention each goal kick seem to take around 3 minutes

That’s the point I was making. Vedran was one of the best in the league when he was with us but that was when Spider was the GK coach. Crawley replaced him and Vedran’s performances dropped off enough that when Vuka sought a move back to Sydney, Arnie signed him. On the previous season’s form and what was happening off the field you would have had Vedran as #1 ahead of Vuka. Under Crawley, Danny regained his form and by the end of pre season had, in a widely unpopular move with the fans, usurped Vedran as #1.
Meanwhile, across town, Redders was stinking the place up so much he had been replaced in the starting 11 by Wanderers Legend Jerrad Tyson. The fact that Jerrad Tyson was actually real, let alone starting in the A League proved too much for Vedran and as a result he developed mental health issues that saw him seek indefinite leave from SFC.
Despite Vuka long having won over the SFC supporters, there was much anger and disbelief that the club sanctioned the transfer of Vedran to WSW in exchange for Redders, a move that strengthened them and weakened us.
Vedran went straight into their starting 11 and, although losing 1-0 on debut, improved quickly under Kalac’s coaching to once again be one of the best GK’s in the league. Redmayne, signed to be the #2, had to wait nearly 3 months to make his debut. With Vuka away on international duty Redders got his chance away to Perth and in a much better performance than expected or seen at WSW, he kept a clean sheet with SFC winning 3-0. Both results, with hindsight, reflected the direction both players futures would take.
The off season at SFC saw Danny Vukovic move to Belgium and John Crawley purchase the “Beast Mode” upgrade for Andrew Redmayne resulting in his recent National team call ups.
At WSW, on the eve of the season kicking off, Tony Popovic came to the realisation that moving to a financially insecure basket case of a club in Turkey was better than spending another season with the Wanderers, taking Kalac with him. While Vedran started the season well, his form quickly tapered off and regular errors becoming the hallmark of his game culminating in his “my GPS must be broken” red card in the derby last year.

I expected Redmayne to drop off a bit this year with Crawley leaving but obviously this hasn’t happened. I wonder if this has anything to do with Nash being a former student of Crawley as well?

4 Likes

While as a whisky drinker I can appreciate Redders’ collection as shown in the club’s latest Insta story, as a SFC fan, I’m not sure I can appreciate Redders’ collection as shown in the club’s latest Insta story.

I mean, steadying the nerves is OK, but surely the reflexes?!?