Andrew Bluemayne Thread

It won’t be so bad if it’s a front-loaded deal. If it isn’t, well I’ll reserve my thoughts for a week!

It’s not just about the dollars. After the season he’s just had, as well as his overall body of work, to give a 33-year-old Redmayne a three-year deal is madness.

Back THB or get someone else in - those were the only two sane options for Corica. At worst, a one-year deal for Redders as a stopgap while THB gets the majority of the minutes would’ve been acceptable.

Dude he’s a goalkeeper not a winger. WU just won the league with a keeper who turns 37 in August.
Redders isn’t the world’s best but we have enough players to replace as it is without adding another one from the very limited pool of Australians.

And, if the whispers on the grapevine are true, and we do end up getting 30 million for him from Forest then that’s a fantastic bit of business.

4 Likes

We’ve got a young guy on the rise within the four walls of the club. Time to give him a decent run.

I’m astounded he’s stuck around this long - clearly he’s not trusted by Corica.

What a guy. He genuinely just seems like a normal, humble bloke

4 Likes

Agreed, the sort of bloke who you’d get along really well with over a schooner or two.

If I didn’t live on the other side of Sydney, I’d haunt the Bayview haha.

I was watching one of the ‘Winter of Football’ games - think it was Utd v MV and my six year old who is starting to take a bit of interest in football walked past and asked me ‘Is the grey wiggle playing dad?’ - Told him I would take him the stadium to watch the grey wiggle next season and we was very chuffed.

12 Likes
3 Likes

Yellow Wiggle >>>>> Grey Wiggle.

Emma or Greg?

One save and two misses from four. Clearly in their heads tonight.

4 Likes

Funny you say that - he was being called the yellow wiggle tonight by the six year old… and of course, there was much excitement when the goal line dancing commenced!

9 Likes

This is crazy and I love it

3 Likes

I just spent an extended period in Peru and the guy is massive over there atm. I was receiving new memes daily at a point. He was spotted at machu pichu sometime last month

11 Likes

More sightings. I think he’d be better able to make a post career living in Peru than his mostly football-apathetic homeland

10 Likes

He’s going to live in the minds of the Peruvians rent free for an eternity

11 Likes

It was suggested to me by someone from that part of the world, that the Papa thing relates to Papa Smurf (i.e. his beard). I so want this to be the reason… kind of makes sense to me.

Just waiting for a Peru team to make us a multi million dollar offer to buy him from us. :joy:

1 Like

Brilliant :smiley:

https://fb.watch/fzGZAGG7wN/

11 Likes

Superb