Asian Cup: Australia vs India 13 January

At least were seeing one team in blue tonight commited to some actual defending…

4 Likes

One toss in the crowd with an Indian flag wearing a Messi shirt…

1 Like

First man again. Genuinely once upon a time I could put more effective corners in than this.

Jones is shit. I’m not at all convinced he’s the answer at RB.

I swear this commentary must be for the Indian broadcast. Absolutely ludicrously one eyed.

1 Like

When the main guy introduced the colour commentator he mentioned that he’s an Indian football guy - so presumably that’s the case. To be fair there are probably more people watching the game in West Bengal alone than in Australia.

2 Likes

Mariners bloke in the pub crowd showing the back of his friend’s jersey to a Sydney fan, “See that. ‘Champions’, that’s us.”.

NSW “away” GF against Victorians, 2 Championships in a decade. :+1:t4::+1:t4:

Edit: Yeah, yeah, “boutique club, beating the odds”, etc.

Probably still better than listening to Andy Harper (if indeed he is commentating on 10).

This might be a good game for Fornaroli to be honest. Good in close, good in the box, quality finisher.

Did anybody know who he was before he was announced in the team?

I certainly didnt.

This crossing has been dire

It might be a hot take, but I don’t mind Harper for national team games.

The first link I got of him after he got selected was Gethin Jones, the Welsh TV presenter. That tells you all you need to know. I know we needed to replace Atkinson (injury) and Karacic (no club for 6 months) but surely there are better options. I just assumed Jones was going to be training with the squad and no more than that.

Sometimes I think Arnold’s Socceroo teams have real problems with these kind of games. I still think we’ll go on to win, because fitness will win out. But our technical ability and creativity isn’t that impressive, and that’s what stands out in games like this.

Who is the third bloke on the bench with Brosque and Rat boy?

This half time crowd coverage. I’ve not seen such a large collection of Indian people who cant dance before.

I only just realised, why different commentators on 10 and Paramount?

Erik Paartalu. Had a stint in India before calling it quits hence his input.

2 Likes

Finally. Messy but fuck we needed that.

I wasn’t aware Vedran Janjetovic had been called up for India. That was a proper Vedran howler.

Presumably because Paramount is showing all matches they’re just taking the international feed for all games whereas 10 are showing just our games right? So they’ll just take the vision and do their own production over the top of it.