Asian Cup: Australia vs Syria 18 January

geez that was calm by Burgess…

As soon as I heard his voice I switched to Paramount.

Surprised McGree didn’t get a start. Definitely provided something we didn’t have before he came on in the India game.

Bos really is the player from this team with the most potential, if he keeps up this progress the EPL or such isn’t out of the question for him

2 Likes

He’s definitely got the physical power needed at the top levels of football. Of the other youngsters I think Kuol isnt there yet but has time to develop that strength. I do think from what we’ve seen of Kuol he has a very high ceiling to his potential. Irankunda similar - but already has the strength and ferocity to his game that Kuol maybe doesn’t. But then maybe Nestory doesn’t look to have that finesse that Kuol does.

I am fond of this team of misfits and weirdos

3 Likes

If Irankunda can live up to his potential, I do wonder where the will leave Kuol - trying for number 9 I guess

Our press is great but we’ve got absolutely no idea what to do in the final third. The 6/7 players they have sitting very deep just seem to be crowding out everything

Hesar, I thought I told you to shave those sideburns!

All the brown-skinned people in the ground are showing as yellow for some bizarre reason.

Yeah i thought the ref had jaundice earlier.

1 Like

It’s clear we’re missing someone like Hrustic who has the ability to unpick a defence. We also don’t really have players interested in shooting from range.

4 Likes

If one of the young strikers can come through aswell there is a potentially excellent front three. Botic, Mo Toure, or the likes of Waddington, Goodwin etc.

1 Like

probably McGree the closest we have in the squad - or even Bruno

1 Like

I’ve never seen a kid eat dried fruit with such enjoyment.

based on nothing but potential - Bos - Goodwin - Irankunda would be it for me… but you could include, again on potential. Tilio and Kuol

I have never been a golden generation groupie, but when you compare that to Kewell - Dukes - Emmo - you do start to realise what we had in the late 90’s early 00’s

Supplemented by Bresciano, Emerton, Culina, Schwarzer, Neill, Moore, Aloisi. All of whom would walk into this team. Like Shabby said I do really like this team but yeah on a purely talent level it’s amazing what that late 90’s to mid 2000’s team had.

Edit: And Vinnnnnie Greeeeella.

I have always thought that the 97 team that lost in the qualifier was, player to player, better than the 2005 model, but I suspect I am quite alone in the opinion.

** Milan Ivanovic is probably the most underrated Socceroo of all time

3 Likes

This conversation tells you a lot about the quality of the game.

3 Likes

I doubt you’re alone there mate. Kewell on the up vs the semi broken 2005 edition alone might tip the scale.

Looking at them though I think the 2005 would take it for me.