Asian Cup: Australia vs Syria 18 January

10:30pm kickoff at Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium

You’d think I would have learned my lesson staying up late or waking up in the middle of the night to watch these snoozefests. I hope tonight isn’t the typical, frustrating lack of creativity in the final third and then conceding a goal on the counter in the final 15 minutes. Here’s hoping we go up two or three zip in the first half and I’m in bed at a reasonable time.

Playing Arab opposition in the Middle East - it’s absolutely going to be that way I’d imagine! It just seems to be the overriding plan for those games in that region. Not sure if we worry about the climate conditions too much or what but when have we ever been in the region and come out firing?

Yeah, the game is going to get more annoying the longer it stays 0-0. As I said in the other thread, I expect Syria to sit back and try to get a 0-0.

Cameron Burgess, Aiden O’Neill and Jordan Bos all start

Interesting selection. Is Bos at left wing? Has he played there much before? Did also think this was the game for Fornaroli or Yengi instead of Duke.

I’d say Bos will play left wing, and he’s played there a couple of times for the Socceroos. I think he’s done quite well there.

Surprised Gethin Jones is still preferred over Lewis Miller. Maybe it will change for the Uzbekistan game though.

Birthday present?

Anyone else catch the tail end of SVU? Something about a pickle. :person_shrugging:t4:

Good audio quality on the interview. Arnie sounds like Bane.

Call back to the opening 10 minutes when Finn was too drunk to open the pickle jar.

1 Like

Zorro in goals again

So no rewind for this

Ice Tea and pickles? :thinking:

I wonder how much it would cost to build that stadium at Wentworth Park…

3 Likes

This is absolutely shocking to me, Jones was the sfandout worst performer.

Excited to see Bos start, it shows Arnie is willing to rotate out some poor performers.

Does the referee have jaundice?

1 Like

Even if the state government allowed it, City of Sydney would fight to the death against it.

No, he’s the newest Simpsons character.

Funny how the commentators on 10 are making a big deal about how Syria has all these ‘imported’ players…. When we’ve got Souttar, Boyle, etc etc

Also - I would have been watching Paramount, but they couldn’t be bothered having a pre-game, hence 10 Play gets my viewership

Like to see Andy Harper try and live in Syria.