Aus Cup QF - Oakleigh vs Sydney FC - 31/8/22

Oakleigh played a Finals game on Friday, and it went all the way to pens. They have another final on Saturday. They came in third in NPL Victoria this season with a pretty remarkable 58 goals in 26 games.

I suspect we may be facing a pretty tired bunch, but also guys who should be at the absolute peak of their season.

I’m hoping we get to see at least one or two of our new signings.

The Cannons won’t have any defense against the Mak attack.

Expecting Lolley to play so well, it’ll be like taking candy from a baby.

Fully expecting a 2-1 loss now.

3 Likes

Sydney win and a semi vs the fascists please.

3 Likes

Keen to see Joe Lolley in action, feel like he’s a real chance to be a POTY.

Yeah should be sweet

3 Likes

Have we heard anything about whether the new signings are ready to go?

Lolley at least was signed while he was theoretically well into pre-season. Not sure about Mak. Rodwell has been unemployed so, unless he’s been training with us for a while, is probably a while off?

Expect to see the best of him early on before the weather gets too warm. Come January/February, we’ll be looking at a boiled Lolley…

4 Likes

Rodwell is cup tied. Came off the bench in the Wanderers’ playoff vs Brisbane.

In the Australian heat, it’s going to be a sticky situation. He’s professional enough to temper to the heat, but it boils down to how Corica uses him. We don’t want him to wilt down to a jelly-like consistency, but he doesn’t strike me as the sort of player who is going to melt like a soft marshmallow.

Hopefully he’s got the right gelling agent that allows him a long shelf life in warm conditions.

1 Like

I don’t see corica making any changes to the lineup.
Lolley and mak attak of the bench.

Yeah the new boys on in the second half is probably what will happen. I just want one of them to steamroll though. I miss having someone with the aura that Adrian had, where you just knew something was coming.

4 Likes

Could be a bit brittle tho on the hard pitches we have here. Yes we’ll definitely get a good early sugar hit and silence the critics but will he be an everlasting gob-stopper?
One thing we do know. He will be better Lolley than some of the snakes we’ll see this season.

1 Like

Being of greek background the only good thing about this suburb is the feed before or after the game.We’ll win we better after the last 2 weeks watching olympic.

1 Like

Confirmation Mak & Lolley will be involved, and that Parsons is also cup-tied along with Rodwell.

4 Likes

That’ll be exciting. Hope Segecic still gets good minutes too

Nap ti …

I mean FIRE UP!

5 Likes

More Simpsons memes to come throughout the day. Probably.

8 Likes

Looking forward to this evening….

The game should be enjoyable too.

The memes are taking the same trajectory as the show itself, I feel…

2 Likes