Australian Football Abroad Thread

2-2 draw between Hearts and Hibs overnight.

Hof and Rowles played a full game for Hearts. Devlin started but was subbed off.

Boyle and Lewis Miller played full games for Hibs. James Jeggo started but was subbed out later in the game.

1 Like

Muscat just missed out on the Rangers job. Theyve appointed Philippe Clement instead

He’ll probably be able to choose his destination at the end of the season if he wins the league again. No rush for him.

He’s already pretty much choked it away. Probably why he got overlooked.

When they informed him he was unsuccessful, they just sent him a message that said Clunk!

5 Likes

Hearts got smashed 4-1 at home to Celtic in the league on Sunday. Rowles, Devlin and the Hof all played a full game. The Hof apparently had a particularly bad game but for some reason, the manager played only 2 DM/CMs, meaning they were always outnumbered against the best midfield in the league. Sounds like the Hearts midfield were sold down the creek. Devlin and Rowles seemed to get mostly pass marks, at least.

Sega MoM with 2 goals in a 5-1 win

6 Likes

Baccus scored in St Mirrens win overnight
Metcalfe and Irvine appeared to both have solid games in St Paulis win. Theyre undefeated & top of 2.Bundesliga

St Pauli are becoming a bit of a machine at the moment with another 2-0 win away in the league after knocking Schalke out of the Pokal mid week. They are 5 points clear at the top albeit having played once more than city rivals Hamburg.

Irvine has been an indispensable member of their team for a while now but Metcalfe has gradually been getting more and more time and seems to have become a regular starter.

3 Likes

GUNT

Catley with a superb goal in Arsenals 2-1 win over City. Catley, Food, Kennedy and Fowler all started.

https://twitter.com/prompt_fmarinos/status/1732671395283587199?t=KsSKCW4LSrfBGhayMKxKAw&s=19

Muscat has left Yokohama

Must be for a job somewhere in Europe surely.

Didn’t he go to a Belgian 2nd or 3rd dovision club and get sacked after a month?

Crazy that this has been brought up weeks later (speaks to Fox’s attitude to football thes days I guess) but anyway…

Liew has that air about him where he likes to play the contrarian and you just know that the older he gets the more of a fuckwit he’ll become.

Not sure any of the arguments he provides really make any sense. He’s selling genuine but he’s actually genuine. He’s not coaching brilliantly but he’s coaching well. He’s made the spurs players feel good about themselves but that’s somehow a bad thing. Spurs will “regress” to 6th or 7th when their average finishing position for the last four years has been… 6th. Where did they finish last season? 8th. Where are they now? 5th.

I’m not an Ange fanatic. I find media love-ins for managers pretty pathetic generally and Ange definitely had that his first couple of months at Spurs - but then they were winning and the media love to obsess over a winning manager. However this comes across as that good old English sporting contempt for the colonials.

3 Likes

I’d say Liew is mostly doing it for the attention. Shameless.

Sint-Truiden is in the Belgian top flight.

I thought he might take over from Kisnorbo at Troyes but it looks as though they appointed his replacement 2 days ago.

Harry Kewell is apparently one of the front runners. If they’re keeping with an Aussie I’d have thought Kisnorbo