Australian Football Abroad Thread

I’m assuming he’s getting a huge pay increase?

Not sure if this is accurate:

Objectively speaking as an Aussie football fan rather than a Sydney FC one, I was still hoping he’d take a move to Europe (especially after links to Millwall, Rangers, Swansea etc). Hes done a very good job at sustaining success at both Victory and Yokohama and added numerous trophies to both teams but both times this came off the back of Ange setting up a structure (and his only managerial failure was at Sint-Truden where he didnt walk into a successful team). With 214 games at Victory and 116 at Yokohama, it also suggests he was able to rebuild and continue that success.

In fairness though, it’s been shown by so many teams how easy that is to screw up with a new manager. Man United by itself became a basket case the moment Ferguson left. Corica did manage to keep things going, but there was that general fall from grace as well.

Absolutely agree. Its no criticism and I’ve been a big supporter of Corica for how he continued success. Still suggests that Muscat is a decent manager so would like to have seen that applied in a decent level Euro team.

In this case too, Ange has a very defined style of play and Muscat tried to continue that in both times (admitedly never saw a Yokohama game in full but highlights always showed a similar passing heavy style). Guess my point is more it’d be good to see him developing that style in a new team rather than starting where they already play like that (and lets face it Millwall playing tika taka would have been fun)

1 Like

$6M from a Chinese club? Better pay those PFA dues pronto.

1 Like

That’s assuming he gets paid as per the contract, of course.

Yes he was linked to Swansea but I don’t think they were really ever very credible links. Most of the in the know fans didn’t believe it.

Good day for Mike valkanis…

Ajax were just eliminated in the last 32 of the cup by 4th tier usv hercules 3-2

Well I mean Heracles was son of Zeus, Ajax was only a great-grandson after all.

2 Likes

Cristian Volpato came on at the 59’ for Sassuolo 1-2 loss against Genoa in Serie A. In the minutes he had on the pitch he seemed good. More time, especially starting matches would be best.

Alessandro Circati played a full match for his squad Parma and winning 3-1 against Ternana in Serie B.

Glover made his championship debut last night. Kept a clean sheet and apparently had a very good game

1 Like

Also not a bad effort keeping a clean sheet against (at least for now) a promotion contender.

Which club?

He actually came off the bench last Sunday against Swansea.

Middlesbrough

:+1:

Kewell to Yokohama F. Marinos apparently?

Surely Yokohama F. Marinos can do way, way better than that.

1 Like

Not apparently anymore, confirmed.

What has Harry been up to since Ange left Celtic?