Australian Football Abroad Thread

Fernando Rech, I think.

Christiano

1 Like

Yeah but they put in an add-on clause of another $10k for every yellow card he gets…

2 Likes

Ummm thats awkward…

Why is it awkward? I can’t figure it out.

It’s Kearyn’s younger brother, the one who plays for the National Team.

I thought he would’ve gone to a club a bit bigger and not likely to be battling relegation in League 1.

Ahhh sorry thought it was the one arrested, which woild have been fun

So did I haha. The Hemsworth’s of Australian football

1 Like

Its a smarter decision than accepting $10k for a couple yellow tickets…

Barely-promoted League Two team?

He’s26 in a few weeks, he’s found his level. Needs to drop behind Devlin, Yazbek, Nieuwenhof.

3 Likes

He seemed to drop out of the starting eleven at St Mirren. Therefore, League One is definitely an appropriate level for him at this stage.

It’s not that he’s in League 1, it’s more that he’s signed for what could probably be the worst team in that league given there was interest from Bolton.

Maybe it was starter at Mansfield vs squaddie at Bolton?

2 Likes

I’d say so. He might have even talked to Arnie about it, because it is a pretty critical move.

Interestingly, Jack Iredale plays a lot for Bolton. I wonder where he is in the left-back pecking order. You’d think Behich will struggle to get to the next World Cup due to age.

Mitch Duke scored both goals for FC Machida Zelvia in their 2-0 win over Kashima Antlers in J.League Cup last night. He hasn’t been getting that many minutes in the league but he is starting to make some good contributions.

You bet, my money’s certainly on them introducing a South American ringer inserted on behalf of the betting syndicate to keep an eye on their investments. They’d be odds on the finding a player to score that many goals but in this league he would have a devil of a time trying to score that many therefore the result of Macarthur matches should pretty much a foregone conclusion really & that’s the way certain people like them.

4 year deal not bad.

Hopefully he gets game time. Mid table championship pushing for playoffs is undoubtedly a fair step up.