Australian National Team Thread - #ArnieOut!

Considering Boyle plays wide and feeds Mclaren, it would be a good idea to start them in the Leb game along with Milligan who just happens to be in the Hibs team.

Possibly(heres hoping) Arnie has pulled off a master stroke?

He’s a direct winger that scores goals at club level. Absolutely with giving him a go

So what do we reckon for tonight?

Hoping for something like the following (assuming Arnie sticks with a 4-2-3-1):

--------------------Ryan
Risdon—Sainsbury—Jurman—Behich
-----------Milligan-----Mooy
Boyle-----------Rogic-------------Mabil
---------------MacLaren

So that would represent a fairly solid midfield and CB pairing with a fair bit of experimentation, particularly up front. I can’t remember if Mabil can play on the left so that would be provisional.

Would be great to see Mabil get a start coming off his club form in Denmark. Interesting also to see Boyle sing National Anthem.

I highly doubt Jurman starts. Hes 4th choice.

Looks like Kruse and Leckie will start (unfortunately) Theyve been the main guys in front of the media all week.

Any chance Leckie plays as a 9?

Milligan just named skipper for tonight’s game.

what a leader

well technically he is correct in Berisha’s case

1 Like

Pay that!

I turned on Fox to watch the pre-match but they had Muscat on the panel so I thought I’d switch to Ten but they’ve got Archie Thompson. Seriously, Wilkinson, Grant, Brosque… they’ve all got a free weekend!

1 Like

Not at all confident about this.

You can be confident in Kruse, great shot that didnt hit the corner flag,it went out missing flag by ten metres.

Kruse has touched the ball about ten times and mis-hit it every time.

Behich adds so much at left back. I also really like how scrappy Maclaren is.

Big moment to show what sort of desire this team has.

Ffs against the run of play. We have been all over them

Sainsbury is as slow as a wet week

Looks like Kruse might have done a Hammy,put the Scot ON!