Australian National Team Thread - #ArnieOut!

He hasn’t played much recently iirc so probably short on fitness.

We’re leaving so much space between Mooy and Rogic.

It’s fun to watch, but feels a bit like we are back at the same point as Ange. Can’t score, can we play mooy and Rogic together, and conceding on the counterattack.

Hopefully we can take out chances in the 2nd half.

Yeah I was thinking the same, that this feels a lot like we were during peak Ange: play decent stuff, can’t score.

Rogic is all hype. All style no substance

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind seeing Amini on for Luongo. I feel like Luongo has barely had a touch.

Bit frustrating watching this. Can we bring Boyle on and see what he does

Arnie has listened to my wise words

1 Like

That’s a great save from Ryan.

1 Like

Mabil has been impressive

Mabil is looking great.

I’d happily see Mabil start the next game over Kruse. We have seen everything Kruse has to offer (nothing) so give the young lad a go.

Arnie out :sunglasses:

Of the starters, Leckie, Risdon, Mooy, Milligan, Ryan and Behich have had good games. Sainsbury has been below par and Mabil should start ahead of Kruse.

2 Likes

So on the plus side we were definitely the better team. On the downside the same problems from the Ange days are still there. We just haven’t got a single person who can actually score.

Scenes

Haha what the fuck. Such a dumb goal.

Hahaha love a scrappy goal. LET THE ARNIE ERA BEGIN!!!

Now who’s going to the game on Tuesday

Deja vu World Cup version for majority of game. So many balls in potentially goal scoring positions, so little end product.

The most disappointing performers were those not playing regular football at club level. Behich looked off his World Cup pace, touch, form and confidence. Leckie was largely anonymous and Sainsbury behind the pace of game.

In the end it was Deja vu Asian Cup with late equalizer.

One major concern is that our set pieces remain so toothless. Without Jedi we have lost not just a free-kick taker but also a presence in box from corners.

Much work to be done, but encouraging to see the zest and drive of the new caps Mabil and Boyle who seem untainted by the confidence deficit of the players they replaced, as well as continued rise of Risdon who has really grabbed his opportunities.