Australian National Team Thread - #ArnieOut!

I just had an argument with a guy at work that submitted paperwork in cursive. A team of 15 people, no one could definitively tell me what a word said, and that included having context, he was describing a bathroom and my guess was that he wrote “tundra.” Turned out it was “timber.”

We asked him to stop writing cursive to which he replied, he’s not ready to print…

Foundation cursive is so much worse than the running writing our grandparents were taught. I’m all for teaching kids to print legibly as well as shorthand in case you need to take notes at any point.

Arnold iz a joke .Basically cheated his way into the WC.
Aust should be ashamed about that penalty shootout against Peru.

Yeah nah

If you’re going to troll, at least make it entertaining.

5 Likes

Wanderers have really gone downhill these past few years. Even their trolls are worse than average…

Come home, Snidely Whiplash, all is forgiven.

1 Like

Vomit shirt arrived today.

I am L or XL depending on the brand; in my early-20s I could squeeze an M for some brands, but even at my ideal weight I’d be between M and L at best.

This shirt was XL and it is definitely too big, but not comically so. The shoulders are about 1cm too long on either side, and it is the baggiest shirt I own. It’s passable, but only in the unavailability of other sizes. If I was trying it on at a shop I would definitely go back to grab the size down, and maybe even try two sizes down.

1 Like

I know, what a bunch of gronkzzzzz

Play Kuol.

I’m not sure we’ve quite reached the point where it’s easier to get game time for Socceroos than for Mariners yet, have we?

1 Like

I think making everyone learn cursive would solve a lot of problems.

Like my inability to read cursive.

Yeah, go on hilly, become a historian. Idiot.

JFC … put some effort into your trolling at least.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Newcastle imposed a condition on transfer that he doesn’t play 90 min and risk injury before they get their player.

BTW following from this, for anyone that normally wears medium, it might be worth a gamble trying for small, which is available:

1 Like

Maybe Arnold should put Redmayne on upfront next game .

Can’t see them doing that. He’ll be going out on loan to another club the moment he hits the ground in England. Doesn’t make sense to limit the number of minutes a player can have, especially when they’re that young. Id say it’s more that CCM know that he’s leaving, so their aim is to get the best out of the team they will have for the rest of the season.

What are the chances of him returning to CCM on loan for the remainder of the season? before going somewhere in the championship/europe next season?

Obviously he sets the world on fire at the world cup and you’d think Howe would use him in the first team squad

I think he will fly directly to Belgium or somewhere like that.
Won’t even go to Newcastle

I’d would think it’s like you said, dependent on his performance at the World Cup. He has two more games to impress, otherwise I can’t see them trusting CCM with a loan. They’ll probably send him to a better league in Europe where keeping in communication will be easier.

1 Like