Australian National Team Thread - #ArnieOut!

Given this is a second-string side, and our first choice are a distinctly meh outfit, I expect nothing less than a MOAA (Mother Of All Arseblastings).

Langarek out for the match…

Gotta be a start for Redders, right? Up to about half way through the season, Lawrence Thomas would have been considered the #1 out of our A-League crop, until Muscat decided to drop him for some pretty minor errors which subsequently made him start to make bigger and more frequent ones, culminating in getting the ball rolling for the 6-1.
Redders, meanwhile grew from the faith Arnie and Corica have shown in him.

Read the Crawley is over there with Arnie. Has that happened before? Would be an enormous loss if those Crawley rumours were true.

There was talk of him possibly leaving us because he didn’t want to travel so much so I’m guessing this is just a short term thing.

I read that (through tears) but then on here people said Bimbi said there wasnt going to be a change. Not sure.

I feel like I’d heard about this possibly happening elsewhere, but Australia invited to participate in 2020 Copa America…

It’s no AFL in Shanghai but it’ll do.

Shame it’s possibly the worst our NT has been at for at least a couple of decades.

1 Like

For sure. It would’ve been very interesting to see what we could’ve done in 2011. We’d most likely just make up the numbers next year, though.

Thats good news, regardless of the result.

Having the NT exposed to good quality is better than going thru the motions against Z grade Asians minnows.

Have a feeling the guys thrown out this week will look very good. Young guys and fringe players with something to prove.

VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMOS
AUSTRALIANOS
QUE ESTA NOCHEEEEE
TENEMOS QUE GANAAAAARRRR

2 Likes

Behich named captain for the Korea fixture

Arnie rewarding him for 2010. :+1:

6 Likes

Fucking hell that made me laugh.

Forza agent Behich

So we play Korea tonight. Is there anyone people would like to see getting a run?

Apart from our guys, I’d like to see where Borrello is at as I feel like we haven’t heard much about him recently.

Shame Taggart is carrying an injury. I really wanted to see him put some chances away as we desperately need a form striker.

Behich shouldn’t even be starting. Captain doesn’t mean shit, just give it to a bloke who plays regularly for a decent club ie. Jeggo, Mabil, Amini

Is this the start of a new era again yet?

We’re gonna get ass blasted

A long time since we sent such a number of green horns out for an international. And its South Korea, yikes.
Away as well, gulp.