Feedback thread

In a dream world I would love to have the New | Latest | Unread etc. links sit permanently in the top bar, so I can use them to get around the forum from any thread.

That already exists, click on the hamburger icon (3 line icon) and click on the new link.

Great work… seamless for me.

I just wanted to take the hamburger click out of the process.

Then its at the very bottom of each thread page under suggested topics

1 Like

Not sure if you’re aware but the URL I had cached in my address bar: https://www.sfcu.com.au/the-cove/ lands on a news post from 2012 about the first derby. Nice bit of nostalgia mind you :slight_smile:.

The URL I have saved in my address bar - /forum/ - gets a 404. I wonder if we can repoint it to forum.sfcu.com,au?

edit the url ya bum

It was for other muppets that are trying to find the forum, not for me

lol, I suppose you’re right

Wow, massive glitch found. It appears that there is a Jubal reluctantly concedes point bug. It looks as though it impacts the Benevolent Dictator script. It’s a much bigger problem compared to the slow migration issues that impacted the last forum. The loss of the Jubal Rant Bingo feature was bad enough, I’d hate to see where we end up after this.

Seriously though, I don’t think it can be said enough how good of a job all involved with the migration did. No major issues, no loss of important features, a marked increase in speed and a much more user-friendly interface. With the season starting hopefully numbers pick up and reflect the big step up in quality we’ve received. It’s probably the best reward for all the time and effort you put in to get this baby back to life.

4 Likes

Yep, loving the new forum. Well done to all involved.

It’s not a bug, its a feature.

1 Like

This is the most active things have been in a couple of years I’d say. It’s amazing knowing that if I go away for an hour there’ll be more content.

1 Like

Whatever you reckon mate - definitely a bug…

This might be a really dumb question but how do you quote people posts on this new forum?

There’s two ways. To quote the whole post see here:

To quote a section of text, highlight it and click the “Quote” button which appears.

1 Like

This seems to be fixed now.

1 Like

Yeah we updated some SEO url paths to clean up our google rankings.

1 Like

I was about to post this:

When I go to Latest there are quite a few threads I haven’t read, but when I go to Unread it’s empty.

But then I realised that setting different parts of the forum to “tracked” in your preferences makes all their posts show up in the unread menu. This might be useful for anyone else who wants to improve their procrastination.