Feedback thread

Could you post a screenshot? It may just be browser cacheing, but someone else mentioned it as well.

Also, which browser are you using

I can’t reproduce it now so it must have been cacheing.

Entitled complaint - would it be possible to get the character limit for display usernames increased by two characters as it cuts of the end of my username at the moment?

That’s a negative, I suggest you shorten your username.

Not being a dick but the forum has a lot of username dependent features, having a sun 15 char username with no spaces will let you use them.

First just want to say this upgrade is amazing. It really is beautiful to use, so thank you to Jubal and team.

Agree the the sub forums need some kind of fix though. At the moment it isn’t even obvious that they exist once you’ve clicked on the first level of forum. E.g. On the front page under ‘The Cove’ I can see them all listed. But after clicking on ‘The Cove’ they are hidden in a drop-down menu labelled ‘all’.

In the discussion on the old forum I was a fan of the proposal to get rid of the sub-forums given that they tend to hide discussions. But if they behave more like tags or labels here then I can see the use for them.

At first glance, it looks really beautiful - classy and clear. Well done to all those involved. Looking forward to posting more and seeing a lot more posts from a lot more people. Forza Sydney FC!

Popped up again this afternoon.

1 Like

@jubal1 can i get my user name changed to toffe? i hate my current username.

@jubal1 could I also change my username to MFSkyblue if that’s alright

So you’re going with toffe?

2 Likes

It’s my name…

I have managed to log on for the first time for a year, so just happy with that

Fair enough! Thought it was a riff on the Everton thing.

We’ll add that during the next update

Great job lads, forum is so much smoother. My only feed back would be to bring back pages on threads. Because as threads get bigger its going to be a bit disorganised if thread posts aren’t separated into numbered pages and its just a continuous stream of posts.

Edit: Also if anyone knows how to turn off the “badges” notifications please tell me.

discourse handles this in a smart way

When you scroll down really far, Discourse is smart enough to load the next couple of pages at the bottom and unload the top couple of pages while you’re not watching

When you scroll back up again, the top pages are re-loaded and added at the top.

So, you can think of the “endless scrolling” as a clever visual illusion. Under the hood, Discourse is still using pages like a normal forum would.

1 Like

Forum is up but main page seems to be down?

Yeah seem to be hitting some limits with the website. Im trying to see what I can do to improve it.

1 Like

That error is a chacheing thingy. Everytime I try and log on I have to clear cache then I can log on.

In a dream world I would love to have the New | Latest | Unread etc. links sit permanently in the top bar, so I can use them to get around the forum from any thread.