St George Saints v Sydney United
Darwin Olympic v Edgeworth Eagles
FC Bulleen Lions v Moreland Zebras
Mt Druitt Town Rangers v Manly United
Maitland FC v Central Coast Mariners
Melbourne Knights v Adelaide United
Campbelltown City v Melbourne City
Brisbane Strikers v Wellington Phoenix

match venues & match dates will be confirmed no later than Friday June 28th 5.00pm AEST check FFA Cup website for match details when its released.

*note: Sydney FC v Brisbane Roar will be played either August 6 or August 7th due to Sydney FC’s friendly in China on July 30th.

They’ve obviously changed the drawing method. Funny though that there are 6 A-League clubs against each other, which, based on the rest of the draw, means that there can only be a maximum of 7 A league clubs in the Round of 16 ( 3 from the 6 that are head to head, and 4 from those against state federation clubs). With perhaps at least one “magic of the cup” result, there may be fewer again.

Maitland FC vs CCM will be a good game.

They should make the winner of Maitland v ccm with a winner gets an aleague license clause.

1 Like

I presume it’s deliberate to keep 3 HAL vs HAL ties at this point, just not excluding the top 4 from it as in the past, to maintain at least one NPL v NPL fixture right through to the semi’s.

They draw 3 all a league games then npl games, last 4 games drawn are aleague v npl

Waratah Cup Final (Marconi v SU58) kicks off at 2.30pm for those interested.

Round of 32 kicks off tomorrow with a whole bunch of member federation matches.

Off all the teams Manly could have drawn in the Cup and places they could have traveled in Australia, Mount Druitt is their destination.

I am reliably informed that the team was not too happy when the draw came out.

2 Likes

I like how they’re using Kayo to stream all the games live. Great!!

1 Like

Are they playing at popendetta?

yep at Popondetta

Ye I was pretty disappointed too when I saw that, was hoping manly would have a decent fixture to get behind, would be awesome to see Cromer park packed. Oh well they might get past and host a bigger ro16 game, can only hope. Would be great to see Olympic fill up Belmore too, would totally go to both those matches!

Lol I went to Olympic v Apia there last year in the cup, there was 200 people max

Ye, it would be good for the QF and SF stage if we could play matches on Saturdays, would definitely get much better attendances.

I don’t blame people not being able to get out and support the matches, battling traffic and parking and bosses and cold and kids bedtimes

It was the same for Coomera. They’re only a lower table GC Premier League side so didn’t expect to even make it this far.
If they didn’t draw an A League side they wanted an interstate trip instead they get to go to the Sunshine Coast and play a NPL side.

Which game should I watch.

Too many choices

You should watch Olympic.

Fair cop to these Brisbane Olympic fans, they’ve been singing all game.

Which one :sob:

Adelaide Olympic have come from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 and now they’ve also had a player sent off. The goalscorer of their third goal was on a yellow then took his shirt off to celebrate and received a red.

Amazing.