FFA Cup R32 - Sydney Olympic vs Sydney FC - 24/11/21

Less than two dollars for booking fee?

Im in shock.

Wait.

Juric is also Olympic’s head coach?

I’m getting more conflicted!

Has anyone seen any hints on the lineup for this one?

That and Juric’s assistant in Sydney Women’s team is the Captain of Olympic… They really haven’t looked into the whole Olympic and SFC link…

Plus Olympic being taken to FIFA for not paying wages, on top of apparently owing Pappas 2.5mill…

1 Like

Given that UA couldn’t be arsed making us fresh jerseys last year, and we had to use duct tape to cover an old sponsor on the sleeve, I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re recycling last years kit for the cup.

It enough contrast for it to be not too much of a clash. I would say there’s too much white on the Olympic kit for us to use our away strip. Last season’s grey third jersey would actually work better I think.

Haven’t got any inside info, but I would think this is a good chance to give Burgess a start.

2 Likes

I’m guessing Bobo and Kosta won’t start? Maybe on the bench?

Club kept their injuries under wraps pretty well. Any idea what happened?

All I’ve seen is Corica’s comments in the Wanderers presser where he said they should both be back within a few weeks, but will return at “separate times”.

I’d like to see us line up, fitness of Donachie & Hof pending, like this.

THB
Harry, Donachie/McGing, McGing/Warland, O’Toole
Hof/Retre, Bratts
Elvis, Trent, Wood, Burgess

While I doubt Corica will rotate the squad as heavily as this, I don’t expect to see Wilko, Ninko or Bobo in the squad at all.

Looking forward to a first visit to Belmore.

2 Likes

Would’ve headed to this if it was on a weekend, but would be a nightmare of a drive on a school night.

Hopefully we get a decent product on 10play.

Will the highlights and replay be on 10play and paramount, or just 10?

Working until midnight tonight, so can’t make it. Which blows. Hoping to catch the game after work or tomorrow morning.

Got three tickets. Going. Souvlaki at the football! Takes me back to my inglory days at Olympic United in Brissie. Pissou malacca!!

1 Like

If the souvlaki is getting you excited, then this is going to blow your mind.

6 Likes

Damn tassos looks like postecoglou.I supported olympic right until 2005 as a youngster this will bring back memories.OOOOOLYYMPIC OOOOLYYMPIC.

Suddenly occurs to me we’re starting our season with 3 derbies.

Surely we win the next two.

We might be a derby for Macarthur, but to me, there’s more rivalry with Newcastle.

3 Likes

Surprised to see Wilko and Ninkovic on the team sheet and a shame Hoff isn’t stating

Brattan bringing back the brannerz shirt tuck

2 Likes

Surprised we’re starting ALF instead of Trent and Redmayne ahead of THB, but apart from that looks good.