Follow follow follow - the Corica thread

Setting the bar high for future manager Grant to reach

You mean Ninković yeah?

Is anyone scared some overseas club might try to poach him? He has to be 1 of the most successful young managers in world football now

Yes. It would seem a matter of time.

Guaranteed to happen. But Talay is waiting in the wings.

Unlike the T*rds if Bimbi got picked up by a club higher up the foodchain we would be a very attractive job for Talay or a decent foreign manager. I suspect Carl Robinson will be extremely successful at the Jets and could work in a year or 2.

I thought, if were still winning big at a time when Corica might leave to a bigger club, we’d repeat the formula and go Stanton or Reid.

1 Like

I feel like Stanton is being set up for it. Going from youth team head coach to seniors assistant coach is the same step Corica took, though Corica was obviously in that position before as well.

2 Likes

Corica did a 10 year apprenticeship as assistant. RS is a while away. Uffy is the ideal option.

Corica also worked under Arnold which would have been a massive boost

Corica played in grand final winning sfc team. McFlynn and Rudan too. Talay in the squad. Stanton never near the joint. Field of three to start with till Sir Alex and Ninko have their tickets. Dynasty!

I don’t want Rudan near our club ever again.

7 Likes

I have faith our owners wouldn’t look at Rudes because -

1. He is a poor coach who has fallen ass backwards into 2 good seasons but will get found out shortly,
  2. Look at the WU departures this season list to see what kind of culture he creates. Opposite of how we’ve got ahead,
  3. Everything about the Nux - departure, social media activities, etc should be warning signs,
  4. A lot of skeletons in his closet. Refer yellow fever forum.
1 Like

I get the feeling the Silver Fox is in for the long haul and likes stability. He’s been around the club since Day 1, doesn’t seem like he’d be in a hurry to go anywhere.

His career as a professional footballer in Europe and Japan suggests he’s pretty ambitious.

Maybe a different stage of life and happy to stay in Sydney long term but 2nd and 1st with 2 GFs plus he played in Japan and the UK. Its a decent resume. Clubs will be looking at him for sure.

Looking at his former clubs, Wolves and Leicester are definitely too high. Walsall in League Two probably wouldnt be the move hed want either. Sanfrecce though are currently 12th in the J-League with 4 wins in 12. Could see them or another J-League side considering Corica at some point.

I can see him wanting a move after next season, assuming it goes well. At the end of the day, how much fun can it be when you’ve achieved everything Australian football has to offer? He’ll want new ways to test himself.

Completed it mate

2 Likes

He definitely needs at least another season, if not two.

He’s fallen arse first into a great team with minimal disruptions to the playing roster. And his “do plan-a better” approach would be found out very quickly at a lower club.

1 Like

Just four of the Grand Final squad were first-team under Arnold (Redmayne, Grant, Wilkinson, Ninković).

5 Likes