Football for Fires charity match

Noble cause and all that but does anyone really think they’ll sell 80,000 tickets to this?

CONFIRMED PLAYERS FOR #FOOTBALLFORFIRES MATCH
Didier Drogba: Ivory Coast (105 Caps), Chelsea, Galatasaray, Montreal Impact
David Trezeguet: France (71 Caps), Monaco, Juventus, River Plate
Dwight Yorke: Trinidad & Tobago (74 Caps), Manchester United, Aston Villa, Sydney FC
Claudio Marchisio: Italy (55 Caps), Juventus
Dario Simic: Croatia (100 Caps), Inter Milan, AC Milan, Dinamo Zagreb, Monaco
John Aloisi: Australia (55 Caps), Coventry City, Cremonese, Osasuna, Sydney FC
Dwayne De Rosario: Canada (81 Caps), Toronto, San Jose, New York Red Bulls
Ji-Sung Park: South Korea (100 Caps), Manchester United, PSV Eindhoven
Simon Colosimo: Australia (26 Caps) Carlton, Manchester City, Perth Glory, Sydney FC
Tore Andre Flo: Norway (76 Caps), Chelsea, Rangers, Sunderland, Leeds United
Alecko Eskandarian: United States (1 Cap), DC United, Toronto FC, Real Salt Lake, Chivas
Mark Bosnich: Australia (17 Caps), Aston Villa, Manchester United, Chelsea
Con Boutsianis: Australia (4 Caps), South Melbourne, Heidelberg, Perth Glory
Pedro Mendes: Portugal (11 Caps), Porto, Tottenham Hotspur, Portsmouth, Rangers
Le Cong Vinh: Vietnam (83 Caps), Song Lam Nghe An, Consadole Sapporo
Emile Heskey: England (62 Caps), Leicester City, Liverpool, Aston Villa
Michael Bridges: Sunderland, Leeds United, Newcastle Jets
Geremi: Cameroon (118 Caps), Real Madrid, Chelsea, Middlesbrough, Newcastle United
Stephen Appiah: Ghana (67 Caps), Fenerbahce, Udinese, Juventus, Vojvodina
Rustu Recber: Turkey (120 Caps), Fenerbahce, Barcelona, Besiktas, Antalyaspor

Wonder which player the Mariners will sign after this match?

9 Likes

there’s some big names in there… I can see them getting a sell out to tell you the truth. They’re target market is huge in comparison to a regular friendly. You have your SFC A-league supporters with Yorke, Aloisi and Colosimo and more, you have your Euro snobs with Trezeguet, Drogba, Marchisio etc. Asian market is hitting at Park and Vinh, throw in some lesser players and top it off with the fact that anyone on the fence about going will be more likely to go as money goes towards bushfire assistance.

Con Boutsianis would be a real steal.

4 Likes

Will Con Boutsianis actually play, or is he just going to assist the stars in dodging traffic on Olympic Boulevard as a driver?

1 Like

They should give that Bosnich fella another chance

Bozza needs to lose some serious weight in the next few months

1 Like

I’d like to think he should put some more in to block the goals.

Fuck you cunts.

How am I meant to make a getaway joke if yas have already done it?

1 Like

Omits that Heskey played for the Jets.

Not gonna lie. I’d pay just to see Yorkie again

I’d rather see him in action at Hugo’s tbh.

Maybe that’s where Testament wants to watch him.

*guineas ad

Am I the only one who has no interest in watching old blokes having a kick around? Obviously it’s for a good cause etc

3 Likes

I sort of assumed that it would be a bunch of current players from decent leagues on one side and an A League all stars on the other?

Not going to bother watching Bozza etc have a kick around, charity or not.

wonder if they’ll get some more current a league players once the season ends. The game is a few weeks after the GF

Really it comes down to which international “stars” make an appearance, and people wanting to support the cause itself.
I doubt that that A-League players which no-one gives a toss about when playing proper competition matches would draw more than their own family and friends in when playing a kick and giggle match.

Great cause and all but I’m sure most of us have already done what we can to support. This match is giving me flashbacks to that World XI nonsense that played the Socceroos to open Stadium Australia.

The only thing that makes this different is that all of the proceeds are going towards “the restoration and improvement of local football clubs and facilities in fire-affected areas nationwide.”

1 Like

Genuinely awful kits

2 Likes