General A-Leagues Men Discussion Thread

Tony Pignata has often said that the current good financial position and success of the club is essentialy due to Del Piero signing.

Did more sponsors come to the club to be near the great man? Did existing ones pay more?

Iā€™m sure he would say that, the ADP signing is his legacy.
The pinnacle of his running of the club.

1 Like

Ironically, WebJet signed a two year deal a few months before ADP signed so the club wouldnā€™t have been able to use ADP as leverage as part of the deal. Mind you, they would have been happy just to have a front of shirt sponsor - the year before they had nothing. Not sure about other minor sponsors.

Yeah, he seems to be hanging on to that.

Wasnā€™t that Webjet sponsorship the highest in SFC history at the time?

He definitely bumped up crowd numbers for us, but remember this was also the year in which WSW entered which would have helped too. More so my thoughts are the extra 7 million paid out by SFC again.

Perhaps subsequent contracts? (they re-signed twice). I donā€™t think the first one was worth a great deal, the club had been struggling to get a sponsor.

Mariners came on our forum and said Fox deal is holding up any clarity on when the league will start. Things are not far away however.

Current plan is to start mid-July and there will be thirty games in thirty days to finish the comp.

3 Likes

And on the 31st day I will be cancelling my Foxtel subscription.

2 Likes

Illegal stream. Im fine to pay but canā€™t abide that pack of cunts.

Fox fucking us again:

1 Like

Can aleague memes hurry up and take over the social media already plz

2 Likes

I notice that they have an agreed upon start date with everyone & that Sydney FC at least have started training again ( except for Ryan McGowan ) but still havenā€™t seen anything about a draw or any broadcast deal. Are they attempting to force Foxtelā€™s hand by proclaiming that they are going ahead regardless? Interesting timesā€¦

Apparently thereā€™s some different options for the draw floating around. Still negotiating with Fox.

Apparently Foxtel have removed all A-League content from their sites. Thereā€™s a paywalled story about it on the Heraldā€™s site. Seems like itā€™s a negotiating tactic. My negotiating tactic was to immediately cancel my Kayo subscription.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so remarkably petty. Itā€™s the broadcast equivalent of ā€œIā€™m taking my ball and going home.ā€

Nothing less than Iā€™d expect from the News Ltd scum, though.

With a bit over three weeks to go before the season resumes, here is a reminder of where we are currently standing in the competition.

002%20Upload

City, are seven points behind us but have played three more games than us. This means that they have to win all their remaining games to claim a maximum 12 more points and hope that we only pick up four more points (GD would put us ahead if we were on equal points) from seven games. The real threat is Wellington, if they were to collect maximum points from the remainder of the season (57) then we have to collect 10 points from seven games.

3 Likes