General A-Leagues Men Discussion Thread

And they would be close to all their fans

Exemptions have been granted they’ll arrive on Friday.

2 Likes

Wonder they they’ll reshuffle the fixtures. They had a week up their sleeve at the pointy end didn’t they.

still have to undergo 14 days of quarantine though don’t they?

Yeah, the first 1 or 2 games for those teams will be postponed I guess.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned by it looks like only the nsw clubs home games will have fans, all others looking like being behind closed doors

That’s probably a commercial decision. While there might be a bit of interest from Sydney-siders to attend a match that sees two out of town teams go head-to-head, it probably doesn’t translate to more than a few hundred people, maybe a thousand. Having a stadium open to fans comes with a cost, and there’d be a break-even point well above the small number of fans that might turn up.

also allows them to play in smaller stadiums and only has the costs associated with broadcasts. Would be cheaper to rent the smaller stadiums as well.

Superb from Simon Hill:

Fingers crossed we get more pieces like this from him.

1 Like

He’s absolutely spot on. Sometimes it’s exhausting being a football fan in Australia.

At least we can mute Speed and have Hill on in the background for some games.

Castro won’t be playing the rest of the season citing coronavirus fears, James troisi has has surgery & is expected to miss the season also

Just popped up on A League FB page that Diego Costa will take no part in the remainder of the season “ citing health reasons relating to COVID-19.”

Castro usually takes about 10 rounds to get going anyway, so i’m not sure it’s a huge loss tbh.

It doesn’t need to be.

Watch game. Avoid media that isn’t directly game related.

Wonder what the current existential crisis is.

To be honest this seemed pretty unlikely anyway.

1 Like

The league should have started a month a go and be over by now. I’ll be really annoyed if we can’t finish it if the corona cases keep getting worse when the other codes have been well under way for a while now

Diego Costa Barbarousses, I meant

Yeah, pretty sure that he usually heads home for the off-season and only returns within a few weeks of the season starting.