General A-Leagues Women’s Discussion Thread

I was expecting her to be a longterm Sydney player, not sure what ended up going on there.

I was at the semi-final v Victory at Cromer last season when we won the premiership. Shadeene was there running around with her extended family/friends, seemed to be talking up Sydney to them around the chip stand. It was raining, cold and we were getting free chips towards the end of the night.

Make of that what you will.

That wasn’t a semi, it was the last game of the reg season.

Thanks

New season has kicked off. Didn’t catch too much of the action but it seems like the Kiwi newcomers held a fairly experienced westie squad to meaningless possession. Another double header for us tonight, ALW kick off at 5:05.

Emily van Egmond returns to the Jets. Did she start this season with a club in UK?

Wiki says West Ham. Despite being offered a contract there she went back to Orlando Pirates where she played two games and was loaned to the Jets.

1 Like

FFS. Round 1 sledging opportunity is gone.

1 Like

So no dub tonight I see. Did they just ditch the whole “Hersday night” concept?
Just kind of wanted to have a game to rematch tonight. Starting to get used to it again.

Adelaide United finally seem to be coming good after about 10 years of nothing. They’re leading Brisbane 8-2. Sitting in 3rd on the table.

A Sydney win against Newcastle today will give a 4 point gap over Melbourne City in 2nd.

Canberra doing the world a huge favour, leading Melbourne Victory 2-0.

A win for Canberra leaves Perth within touching distance of 4th place and dumping Victory out of finals spot.

mv equalise late

What a heartbreaker for Canberra, any equaliser or winner scored after the 90 minutes has to be the worst feeling.

Nice one, Jinxy.

OK Shane Warne.

Um, I don’t want to get too excited, but Brisbane are currently beating Dubai City or whatever it is they are called.

That should have been a red card for Barbieri.

Faaaark, Jinxy I ain’t! 0-1 it finishes.
This means that we can win the plate with a win and a draw due to our huge GD advantage. Lovin’ it!

1 Like

Immense, go Brisbane!

Makes Sydney’s game against Perth on Sunday an absolutely massive one.