General A-Leagues Women’s Discussion Thread

Victory dominating City in the semi. Looks Sydney v scum final.

1 Like

Time to extend the season, surely.

1 Like

Mariners are in from next year

3 Likes

20 round this year, up from 14 last season. Full home and away in 23/24

1 Like

Ally Green was capped by NZ football ferns last night in a 0-0 draw against Wales.

1 Like

Mary Fowler signed a 4 year deal with city.

Good signing. And both Kennedy and rasso played more than I expected last season, so should get ample playing time

Full fixtures have dropped:

the new Liberty Pass will give all registered junior players across the country, boys and girls, free entry to all Liberty A-League games

the Saturday afternoon games will feature in a new ‘goal rush’-style show, switching from game to game as the action unfolds and with the host and experts having a two-way live conversation with the audience during the simultaneous games

Also, full home and away (first time I think?) comprising 20 rounds. Though doing my maths, 20 rounds of 5 matches doesn’t equate to full H&A for 11 teams. That will come with the 12 team comp in 22-23 when CCM come in.

1 Like

And here’s our fixtures. And per my back of a post it note maths, we do indeed not play everyone twice. We don’t host Canberra, and we don’t fly to Perth (see Sydney conspiracy).
4 double headers at Allianz.

4 Likes

Good to see some innovation around things like a goal rush show and the free entry for kids will hopefully pay some long term dividends.

Seems like a reasonable effort… despite the name

1 Like

Wins to Brisbane and WU first up, Ken Behrens and Tony Sage a 2 all draw. Anyone see any of it? How did P+ cope with 3 games simultaneously?

Isn’t every game on 10Play, thus meaning no need to subject oneself to P+?

I watched “dub zone” which has the 3 games playing simultaneously in a quarter of the screen each and the studio in the last quarter. Works when you don’t really care about any game in particular

Do they do it in a goal rush style, or does the studio just talk over the top of the games about whatever they want?

Where did they play the WU home game ?

This is outstanding!

Also…is this a new feature? I feel like I am being “post shamed” by the forum!

5 Likes

I can’t get P+ to load at all. Shame, 10play always comes out quite pixellated/low res for me.

I thought Vine went overseas? Great to keep her in the squad.

The motor on Hawkesby…

1 Like