Grand Final - Perth vs Sydney FC - 19/05/19 - Match thread

More than anything, I’m still stunned at how accurate and level-headed Bozza’s post game assessment was.

Only because he tipped us at the start, so no doubt feels like he was the reason we won…

He must have been reminded that this game is going to 70 or so countries, so he should be on his best behaviour. I expect peak Bosnich to return next season, but will be pleased to be proven wrong.

Though he tipped us with a cheeky nod to his lack of success in tipping - bastard was openly putting the mockers on us!!

This day just keeps getting better…

2 Likes

Anyone got the cove group photo we took at the waca ground?

I’m concerned that there won’t be any moustache twirling, pantomime villains left. With Muscat and Santalab both leaving as broken men, who do we have left?

1 Like

The Snake is also gone, right?

Snake is done. Without Kalac he can’t play. #4moreyears

I’m not sure if there’s a specific one you want but I saw this posted on twitter last night:

1 Like

That was some battle between Grant and Davidson last night. Truly epic. Ray Gatt put it nicely, saying he hoped they’d have a beer together afterward.

2 Likes

WE’VE BEEN TO Adelaide and Wellington
But never been to Rome
And when we played Perth Glory
They fucked it up at hooooome
They fucked it up at hooooooooommme

8 Likes

Only 11 weeks to the FFA Cup, round of 32!!

1 Like

While i still prefer first past the post, I’ll still happily take the toilet seat…Makes up for that horrible feeling last year.

At the start of the season , i didn’t think we could reach the highs of the Arnie era, esp with the players that moved on, but happy to have been proven wrong. Outstanding job from Bimbi, John Crawley, support staff and Tezza

Looking forward to keeping the celebration going at the Cas tonight!!

Forza Sydney FC

1 Like

Davidson was straight out to dance classes for the upcoming Backstreet Boys tribute band tour.

5 Likes

Rhyan said he wouldn’t have put his hand up to take a penno but for the boos. He wanted to have the last laugh over the entire stadium. Legend.

8 Likes

I hate Finals football, except I love it when we win the Toilet Seat. To me it feels better than winning the Plate.

1 Like

“Dont worry mate, Fraser Anning will continue to be part of the political discussion just not in the Senate.”

1 Like

Has Santa ever attempted this penalty in the past in the league? Redmayne was on fire and so dominating in the shoot out. Credit to him for really improving all aspects of his game when signing for us. Hard work has paid off. :smiley:

1 Like

There’s a whole bunch of merch up on the club’s shop by the way:

https://shop.playbill.com.au/Sydney-FC/

I’m gonna get on that DVD for sure.

1 Like