HAL Transfers and Rumours 19/20

Pissants apparently considering Troisi as well, though Verbeek admits he knows nothing about him and is leaving it to Djite & co.

I’m sure Arnie would give him a reference.

Confirmed. Decent signing until he finds some form and moves again

On paper good signing. But they seemed to have thrived on being a ‘small town team punching above’ last few years and he totally doesn’t fit into that.

But hey maybe that’s what they need to get out of. Just don’t step on mcgree’s toes ya cunt.

Think this might be the beat place for this. Bit more information in regards to some twitter drama allegedly involving a former FC captain and now coach of western United

Tip of a grubby iceberg.

I’m disappointed there’s no mention of Mel.

Mcdonalds trip?

Anyone has a link to this McDonalds incident?

Yes I see that Rudan deliberately signed Scott McDonald so that any searches for “Rudan McDonalds” such as that I performed a few minutes ago would require the user to go beyond page 1 of results, and so in most cases give up unfulfilled

4 Likes

I went past four pages and gave up

Google “mcdonalds incident” and the name of any public figure. Start with ScoMo. Always good.

2 Likes

I remember hearing a while back. My hazy recollection is that the aggressive and confrontational demeanour which is accepted, even loved by fans out on the playing field when locking horns with the Kevin Muscats of this world, doesn’t play as well out in the normal world. Likewise, the dogged and uncompromising man-marking which proves so desirable in a central defender at top level, can easily be seen to cross the line marked ‘stalking’ when applied in the regular world.

I suggest adding “Mel McLoughlin” to your search terms and page 1 should do it.

Admins, feel free to delete if this is overstepping the mark, but 6 month off-season and all that…

1 Like

I also believe it was Mascot McDonald’s. Therefore I suggest Scott will immediately retire from playing to become Western United’s full-time team mascot.

Gary Hooper to Nux:

Great calibre of player.

Very solid. Late to the party but comes with better recent pedigree than Alfie who has torn it up. Not sure he’ll get the service but he’s gonna do well from next weekend.

Called it he’ll be here ! Phoenix though

This story is really weird:

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/10/18/yongbin-chen-signs-with-adelaide-does-anybody-win/

There’s some other comments behind a paywall from the Adelaide leadership team basically admitting that this is being done solely for marketing opportunities in China.

Marketing? Surely it’s political and aimed at strengthening ties between respective communists.

3 Likes