HAL Transfers and Rumours 19/20

Click-bait has value these days…
… though apparently they are saying ‘guest stint’, so that would work for Slatan - paid holiday around Australia for a bit…

For a man with legendary powers of recovery and indestructibility… let’s put our ‘ard Aussie pitches to the test.

Sorry, it’s a Fox Sports News article…

$2.5m for a 4-6 week stint in Perth between the end of MLS and when they European transfer window happens apparently…

If they’ve got the cash and he’s willing to come, it’d create a bit of media interest at least.

Well, we don’t play them in December or January. Which is lucky as we don’t have a two foot knee higher.

Which would be my main motivation for watching.

I really need to work on my issues …

I don’t even care who he goes to, Zlatan in the HAL would be such great content for all involved.

Think of how good Squires would be.

See, that’s the thing. That would actually stroke his ego. Plus, if it’s only a guest stint, it’s literally a quick cash grab where he gets to visit Australia for a few weeks (as @Arriba_SFC points out). I know that it may cheapen the league in the eyes of some, but I think it would be fantastic.

1 Like

I should point out that I still doubt it would happen. But then I highly doubted that we’d ever even have a chance at ADP when that was first rumoured.

So apparently Perth have contracted Lou Sticca to get this one through. The same Lou Sticca who is currently a director at Western United.

Even Scott Jamieson is having a piece of that:

#A-league

Delianov has done a knee and out for the season so Western United have signed Ryan Scott from Bentleigh

I think he’d be a gun here. There’s a few candidates who need a new striker, particularly CCM and Adelaide. Surely Adelaide would be willing to spend the money.

Edit: scratch that, Adelaide are at 5 foreigners.

Having spent his last 12 years in China and South Korea surely he would qualify for an Asian +1 slot.
I would not be surprised if it is us looking at him. After all, he clearly fits the “sign the oppositions best players” recruiting philosophy the club has recently adopted.

1 Like

Cheap knock-off Zlatan

How can anyone here afford him? He’d be on silly money over there.

At age 38 he probably hasn’t got a lot of options.

Jair signing confirmed by Mariners

How do you feel about it? From outside it seems very uninspiring.

Definitely uninspiring. Jury is out with me. I have spoken to some knowledgeable football people in Newcastle and they rate him. Say he came to the Jets incredibly unfit. He was also played out of position at outside midfield. The only two times he played at striker he scored. O’Donovan was keeping him out of his natural position.

1 Like

If anyone doesn’t follow Kale Morrow on Twitter do so, especially if you are a football stats nerd.

He has some interesting stats on Jair suggesting he was effective for the Jets playing out of position.