HAL Transfers and Rumours 19/20

People forget Maclaren is still actually on loan from Darmstadt. He must be totally out of favour there. (They also aren’t anywhere near promotion and not that far off the bottom)

I continue to not rate Maclaren, but we’ll see how he goes. He can score goals in this tin pot league, but seems unable to make the step up anywhere else.

We’ve got absolutely nothing coming through in terms of strikers and MacLaren and Taggart dont seem to cut it despite showing promise.

The Darmstadt move looked so good at the time but then the manager who bought him in got sacked and he never got a look in. And at Hibs their attacks been poor this season and Lennons had a few “our attackers bar Boyle are all shit” type rants

Speaking of which, John Iredale should probably consider coming home soon. Hasn’t been spotted at all for Heerenveen.

Kalifa Cissé has accepted an off-field role with the Mariners Academy.

“It’s time for me to step aside. I do not want to stand in the way of these good young players.” :speaking_head: bit.ly/2sW1Ero

#CCMFC #ALeague

I’m amazed the guy will even have a role at the club at all after the way he carried on against us.

Did his ACL I’m fairly sure. I’ve been keeping close tabs on him since he left given how good he was in our NPL squad.

EDIT: Ah, it wasn’t his ACL, it was a stress fracture in his foot:
https://twitter.com/iredale_john9/status/1072776094611316737

Lol. Surely that’s a “we’ll pay you what you’re entitled to NOT play, thereby freeing a roster spot for someone less shit” move.

Nailed on to sign Tongyik? They’ve let Golec go too.

I have no idea who the signings are but I am guessing a no on Tongyik. This is the last day of the transfer window and Mulvey has been banging on for weeks about signings. Therefore in my mind it has to be a couple of players playing overseas, or as an act of desperation someone in our youth set up.

I am going for one of both and thinking Michael Glassock from our academy.

The other is touted as a defensive signing as well.

Maclaren to City just about completed:

He won’t be available on Sunday but should be after that.

Terrible move for McLaren to come back so soon. Unless it’s a massive salary…but even then

Right now it’s just on loan…

Also funny seeing O’Halloran start up front for St Johnstone this morning…

…and if it is a massive salary, it’s a terrible move by City. A reward for failing overseas.

2 Likes

Adelaide set to sign Dutch striker Jordy Thomassen. Hes played most of his time in dutch second division. Spent this season in the top division but barely got off the bench and hasnt scored a goal.

Interesting. It’s glaringly obvious that they’ve needed a striker for a long time, but this guy doesn’t exactly look like a goal scoring machine, perhaps only due to limited game time. It will be interesting to see how he goes. He’s only 25, so there’s that.

Mitch Austin released. You would think released at this point means he has a move lined up

Anyone named Jordy can’t be all bad

Mariners signing two Sheffield United youth players

Also Matt Millar has signed for the Jets for next season. Was sent home from training after telling Mariners

Great signing but sitting out for six months is going to be tough for him.