Heartle$$: Melbourne City Thread

There’s no club in Petersham!

Ok. Name 2 suburbs that aren’t close and have any level of team. Done? Great.

Replace Petersham and Chatswood with the 2 suburbs you’ve just thought of. We did it!

1 Like

There’s a bowls club in Petersham isn’t there?

1 Like

At the end of every single episode of This Sporting Life/Club Buggery:

“Where are you off to, Roy?”
“Petersham RSL!”

4 Likes

Stanmore Hawks in Stanmore.

Fraser Park in Marrickville.

Dulwich Hill in Dulwich Hill.

And I’d use Liverpool instead of Chatswoo.

:smiley:

$2 memberships back in the day too.

The Petersham Bowling Club was a decent live music and craft beer venue a few years ago. The bowling greens were used for barefoot bowls, picnics and a kids playground…all at the same time…

Fuck Yoshi.

1 Like

Still got a decent selection of craft beer. Went there a few weeks ago for a bday

Sounds like a lot of fuss over very little if its only training and administrative facilities. Doesn’t sound like there is a clear objective to build a stadium out that way any time soon?

Will W-League, and maybe some youth and friendlies really be enough to get people meaningfully engaged behind a club whose senior mens team still plays 1hr+ commute away?

Bit of an unfortunate one this. Kisnorbo

Played in this and did an achiles

Matthew Leckie to Melbourne City - huge, huge signing for them. Very jealous!

Burgess >>

1 Like

No crowds for their semi final due to COVID. 4k fans would hardly be a super spreader event but I guess they’re being careful.

No surprise there, think they already announced there’d be no crowds at the VFL in Melbourne this weekend (maybe Geelong / regional).

Both their fans will be gutted

3 Likes

I’m curious as to whether there was any notable number of Macarthur fans going. At this rate you’d almost hope it’s any variation of a non-City GF (Sydney-Macarthur, Adelaide-Macarthur) so that City don’t earn the right to host but either have to relocate it or play behind closed doors (Dub did last season.) so they won’t have excuses. Not that the situation here is much less touch-and-go. I was getting keen on the idea of being able to fly to Victoria for a final again, not that I have any set expectations about either semi.

Does seem like City are trying to carve out a South East based identity. It seems to make sense to have, in broad terms, Victory central, City east and Western west of Melbourne

1 Like

Makes sense. Just need to find an identity in their kit now. I suggest maybe red and white vertical stripes?

5 Likes

They’ve just lifted the Team 11 approach to the letter. No issue but Team 11 would have been another viable team and City have eaten their lunch. Hampers next round of expansion in terms of Melbourne clubs*.

*South Melbourne wouldn’t work but would be vvvvvvvvv funny.