He's been doing it all day ref

My fixtures have been cancelled again.
The handball rule will have changed again before I get to do my next games.

I forgot to mention that there is one synthetic pitch in Lismore. It went underwater and it’s not the best but it has lights and it would at least result in more games going ahead.
Turns out the Army drove tent pegs through it when they set up camp out there in the aftermath of the floods so it has been rendered useless.

I should get to do some games this weekend. The usual Friday rain arrived on schedule but the week has been fine so most grounds have dried out a bit so we should be good.
I’m down to do a Championship game on Sunday but then I’ve got a to run a line for Prems because the young kid that was down to do it pulled out.
Apart from shoving the flag up my arse, what else am I required to do?

I’ve got a couple of random midweek catch-up games as well. Hopefully it’s the start of a decent run of games.

Nice.
I’m down to do my normal reserves line and premier centre.
The head of refereeing is coming up from Newcastle to watch us so that will be exciting.

It’s been raining on and off today and the Friday night games have been called off, hopefully tomorrow is fine.

The referee should tell you what they want you to do, ask if they want you to keep a record of everything as well.
Remember to make eye contact with each decision to ensure you are in agreement.
Make sure you remember your positioning for penalties, corners etc

Also I have the ifab lotg app on my phone, I will randomly think about different scenarios and check up on the laws when I’m not sure.

There’s also a good q and a section to test yourself

It was more of a tongue in cheek comment, I can’t remember the last time I did it.
The advice the Referees coordinator gave me was make sure you point the flag in the right direction.
I sent back, “Flag?”.
It should be alright actually. There’s a pub up on the hill that overlooks the ground and the weather is supposed to be good so there should be a decent crowd.

You should ask the guy coming up from Newcastle about getting into the NPL system. Even if he does say that you’re too old it’s still worth hearing it straight from him.

That’s what I was thinking.

When he is telling me how great I am suggest I do some NPL games.

1 Like

He didn’t even watch me, he ran a line in one of the other games.

I had a really boring 9-1 result. Lots of walking, shit game to ref.

Fucking refs, always complaining…

6 Likes

That’s a bit shit. Did you at least get to talk to him?
Why did he go all the way to Tamworth to run a line?

Yeah I spoke to him a bit, said he had been talking to a few people talking me up.

Then he goes and runs a line.

I dunno, it was a bit weird.

Apparently the coach of the 1st place premier side was on the radio talking me up as well.

I’ll move on to next week.

Did 2nd vs 3rd today, much more exciting game.
Winning goal was a close offside so of course the losing team blow up etc

Add a confrontation after the match from the coach as well.
As we left the ground “you aren’t an alpha bro”
Cheers mate.

Match incident report submitted.

1 Like

NSFA (Northern Sydney) have introduced a 10min sin bin for dissent to the ref.

3 Likes

I like it!

They’ve been doing that in the UK for a couple of years.

I don’t know how I feel about it, I would be happy to give it a try though.

ESFA have the same, it’s a bit of a shambles at times. Saw a game end up as 7 v 7 the other day!

Glad to see the stupid amounts of dissent in esfa have never changed.

I agree with the principle but when you get refs binning players who ask for an offside it gets a bit ridiculous.

MaGoo is my spirit animal.

Coincidentally, a couple of weeks ago in my daughters U18s Sunday league, a girl from the opposing side got a yellow and 10 in the bin for dissent when she addressed the ref with:

“You’re fucking kidding me! Do your fucking job!”

First time I’d ever seen someone get sent for 10.

That said, they’re pretty full on these sweet little girls…last week saw two reds for swinging punches (ours was in self defence, the incident report confirms). Still, off to the tribunal on Monday night we go…:joy:

That’s a red for me, not yellow.

3 Likes