Melbourne Victory - Tales of a 6roken c1ub

Apparently Stajcic denied that rumour:
https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/first-ive-heard-glorys-stajcic-denies-exit-talk-607458#:~:text=Alen%20Stajcic%20has%20brushed%20aside,the%20club%20through%20its%20rebuild.

Bonza has cancelled multiple flights amongst suggestions that their planes have been repossessed.

3 Likes

Seriously what did they expect. If a domestic airline doesn’t fly to Sydney you are going to struggle

2 Likes

Well, that aint Bonza cobber.

At least the owners have experienced it before.

I’d be pretty concerned about the viability of 777 partners if I was Melbourne Victory.

It seems bigger. And given they can call in their debt (from memory from what was posted last year) it’s potentially club wrecking. Much as I hate them that would be not good for the league.

I get the feeling the APL will find a way to keep Victory afloat. They did it with other clubs before.

They could power the team with their own sense of importance!

But really, they should have budgeted better. Less lattes and smashed avos and more pulling themselves up by the bootstraps.

2 Likes

They won’t let Victory fold, not a chance. As much as I hate to admit it, there too big a club for the APL to let go. Being Victory as well, you’d assume they wouldn’t find it too hard to find new money.

If it were easy to find funding they wouldn’t have been dealing with 777

Everton got funding from them as well though, I can’t see it being that difficult for a Premier League club to find funding is it?

For the scale of funding they want? Yeah, I reckon it is actually tough. Unless you’ve got a nation state involved, it’s hard to justify it unless you assume there’s always a greater fool who’ll buy it off you for more or you’re so fucking minted that it’s a vanity exercise.

Their state has enough self-importance to power itself.

2 Likes

I’d say Bonza airline is a ridiculous name until you think of Virgin Airlines.

Imagine if they merged.

I worked in the airline industry long enough to not think anything of the name than it was the name.

It took about half a day to get there.

But you’re a QUNTAS.

2 Likes

Plausible …

Bonza were flawed from the get go. I’m surprised they’ve lasted 12 months.

No wonder why they’re broke…