Movie Thread VII: Adrian's Revenge

I might wait for it to sail the seven seas

Just got back from it, and I agree with everything you wrote. It didn’t quite explain the journalistic why enough, the agnostic viewpoint given was a bit weak imo. Could have used the old man’s experience/viewpoint a bit more.

Apart from that, it was really good. 8/10.

1 Like

I honestly think the reason why is because especially in the US they didn’t want to alienate half their audience.

I’m more talking about the “I only take the photos, so other people can decide” viewpoint. Just admit you may have been idealistic at some point, but now you’re mentally broken and needing a hit of adrenaline like a fiending junkie just to feel something.

which is why they keep on going despite nearly being killed numerous times, and the young chick stands in the middle of the hallway…

If that’s my main sticking point with the movie, then it’s doing pretty good.

1 Like

You know what?

I’m jealous. Imagine discovering Once Upon a Time In The West for the first time.

:smiley:

2 Likes

The new Glen Powell movie ‘hit man’ on Netflix is a good way to spend 100 minutes.

Saw two new movies this week, and the overall thought was “why?”. A quiet place 3 and the bikeriders.

Both well shot and acted, but both stories were severely lacking. When a cat is the only character worth caring about or even liking across two movies, you know you’re in trouble.

Fuck. Don’t say that. I’m in the mood for some Tom Hardy.

I dont understand why this got a sequel - let alone 2.

At the end of the first movie they show you can kill one with a shotgun. After that I’m supposed to think they just wouldn’t have been wiped out? If it wasn’t right at the end I might have walked out when it happened.

Isn’t this one a prequel?

No idea

pretty sure it is

Yeah it’s sub title is “Day one” or some such.

They also came out early and said it’ll be available for streaming by the end of the month, so I’m not rushing out to see it in cinemas.

I will however go and see Twisters and Longlegs

Could the US film industry make Vanishing Point now?

Been ages since I’ve seen, but I couldn’t see why not expect for the whole; “We don’t release mid-range Adult dramas at the cinema anymore” thing,

The ending?

Why not, but Hollywood doesn’t like a sudden bummer of a ending.

Saw Quiet Place last weekend and it was fun, a lot better than the second movie in the series. I liked the way it told its story largely through the environment. Well acted, well shot and some genuinely tense moments.

It won’t win any awards but the new Beverly Hills Cop is good fun, especially if you love the original 3 (well 2) like me