NFL Thread - the inches we need are everywhere around us

Yeah I’m watching it. He just texted and said it’s freezing, about -4 Celsius and he’s soaked through. Lucky for him the Pats are up.

He doesn’t like basketball but he’s hoping to back for a Red Sox game.

I was in Boston the week before last (my head office is over there so i go four or five times a year) and there was some polar blast which had the temps down at -10 so he should count himself lucky!

49ers Baby… Super Bowl bound!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

You would think it should be a pretty open and high scoring game with those two teams.

While both teams can score easily, I’m leaning toward San Francisco. Aside from really enjoying watching them play this year, their defence is that bit better.

If Green Bay can hold up our ground game they’re half a chance. Especially with Mahomes capable of doing something special.

I can’t fathom how the 49ers put up that score with Jimmy G only having throwing 8 attempts in the game!

8 pass attempts?

They played in San Fran? Not Green Bay?

Yeah in San Fran.

Our ground (and pound) game ate up the yards and the Packers had no answer to it so there was no need to go to the air.

SF can go to the air if they want/need to though and they have weapons for JG to throw to.

Mahomes will get KC points, but the 49ers defence should get more stops than the KC defence I feel.

This is the first Superbowl in ages where I’m going to be a neutral. I don’t hate either of them a la the Patriots but in saying that I don’t have a stronger attachment to one of them either.
I think the Niners defence will get them over the line but won’t de at all disappointed if the Chiefs get the job done, Mahomes is great to watch.

In case anyone’s looking for an option…

Tickets are just $10*, or $15* for HOYTS LUX.

Grab any pizza, large popcorn and large drink for just $20.

Participation locations:

NSW: Broadway (LUX Only), Erina, Tweed

Like knowing the actual start times of movies, I would love to know the actual start time of sporting events so that I may watch just the sport.

That game is going to haunt Jimmy Garoppolo for some time. His 4th quarter was as bad as Kansas’ was good.

There was a game on?

/long-suffering Raiders fan

I guess while you can never count Mahomes out of any game, kinda feel the 49ers through that away. Plus a couple dud play options from the coach along way didn’t help. Still, happy for Reid and Chiefs fans to soak that up.

If they used video review like we use VAR that would have been a 49ers win.

Seeing the 49ers lose is only second to seeing the pats lose.

1 Like

Shattered with that result… Both Jimmy G and Shanahan will be haunted by that game.
Jimmy G for not getting it done in the 4th quarter when had the opportunities and Shanahan for not going for the throat just before HT.
Going for the throat was how we spanked the opposition into submission in our last 2 games that minor “easing off” felt like a stumble and a negative play that just gave Mahomes and the Chiefs some belief.

Brady leaving the Patriots
Witten signing with the Raiders
Newton leaving Panthers - bridgewater replacing him
Brees back to the saints

Edit: Marriota to the Raiders

Going to be a crazy off season

Stefon Diggs from Vikings to Bills, who are slowly building a VERY good team. With the Pats losing Brady and a couple of other long term players, there could be a fight for top of the AFC East. Disappointing to lose Diggs, but if reports of him skipping training and team meetings is true, a fresh start might be for the best.

Award for worst trade so far though as to go to the Texans. Trading Hopkins (4 x probowl WR) for only a half decent RB in David Johnson is horrendous work by their GM.

At least the Vikings got a couple of draft picks for Diggs.

Brady to the Buccaneers for $30m a season.

Wow.