Pre-Season 20/21

Buhagiar to do a half with each team?

1 Like

That will be a decent game. Very keen to see. Trent demolishing Wilko would be hilarious.

Tickets bought. Trifling offer of 201 to the great God of Pax.

Interesting to see the result for this actually

Anyone know about a trial game versus the Mariners in which you won 5-2?

The senior team played against Dunbar on Saturday, not sure when this Mariners game was, maybe it was the youth team ?

Thought the youth played Fuck Dunbar?

I think the seniors played Dunbar last week and the youth this week?

Maybe the Mariners wore Dunbar kits and no one noticed

1 Like

Maybe Dunbar have used thier financial might to purchase the Mariners licence. Yet another derby to please fox Sports.

1 Like

THB, Ivanovic and King were all called up to the Olyroos for this game.

I assume Trent wasnā€™t because Arnie knows all about him already, and he hasnā€™t had much time with Luke?

Its better for Trent to be with us and show Bimbi what he can do. Arnie has used him loads before.

Yeah presumably, that and exposing young players to a national team set up is probably not a bad thing.

Looks like FFA will be streaming the games on Kayo, My Football and Facebook with Simon Hill commentary:

If thatā€™s the case, thatā€™s much better than I expected. I didnā€™t expect a stream for this friendly game.

Looking forward to the game tonight, canā€™t believe Iā€™m going to a football game :slight_smile:

Great opportunity to see both Buhagiar and Ivanovic on the pitch at the same time (albiet for difference sides). Also keen to see how the Olyroos are doing, and will good to see Arnieā€™s mug on the sideline. Arnie v Corica is a good sub plot too.

2 Likes

So with no King, Ivanovic, THB or McGowan I am assuming weā€™d still start full strength baring those something:

Redmayne
Grant Wilko Warland Zullo
Brattan Retre
ABJ Ninko
Buhagier Barbarouses

Second half maybe something like

Pavlesic
VVS Mliranic Flottman Zullo
Niewenhoff Zuvela
Caceres ???
Wood Swibel

Trying to use most of the acl squad.

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing more of Nieuwenhof. From the bits Iā€™ve seen of him in NPL, I really think heā€™d suit any pressing tactics we might use. He seems really adept at winning the ball in midfield and quickly setting up a counter. Whether he can make the step up technically to A-League level is another question, but if he has a good pre-season, I would certainly be in favour of him getting minutes for the senior team in the new league season.

Wood looks like a real goer as well. I look forward to seeing him develop over the next 12 months or so.

1 Like