Pre-season games 2019

These fixtures have been announced in a Club press release

Sydney FC’s pre-season fixtures (all kick off times AEST):

• Thursday, 18th July vs Dunbar Rovers at Leichhardt Oval (H), kick off 7:30pm.
  • Tuesday, 23rd July vs St George City FA at Jubilee Stadium (H), kick off 7:30pm.
  • Tuesday, 30th July vs Paris Saint-Germain at Suzhou Olympic Sports Centre (A), China, kick off 10:00pm.
  • Wednesday, 7th August vs Brisbane Roar at Leichhardt Oval (H), kick off 7:30pm. (Round of 32 FFA Cup)
  • Saturday 21st September vs Newcastle Jets at Apex Oval, Dubbo (A), kick off 3pm.

That PSG match is so random. I wonder how much coin if any we are getting out of it

I’ve been subscribed to a calendar for 10+ years that has all Sydney’s A-League fixtures, but doesn’t include pre-season, FFA Cup or ACL matches. Does anyone have any idea where that one comes from, or whether there’s another one I can subscribe to that would cover all bases?

I know this isn’t quite the thread for it but the fixture list above just prompted me to ask.

I’ve been subscribed to the same one for years as well.
It’s always annoyed me that it’s aleague games only.

How can I subscribe to this please?

I have three links. Two are from Ultimate A-League and the other looks like it was done by someone on SFCU. I’m not sure which ones are actually still active, but at least one of them is because the fixtures appear year after year.

http://www.ultimatealeague.com/getCalendar.php (all HAL fixtures)
http://www.ultimatealeague.com/getCalendar.php?club_id=7 (SFC fixtures only)
Sydney FC google calendar

I’m wondering if we’ll see a captain announcement before the first friendly against Dunbar - surely Wilko will take the armband?

Yeah surely wilko and Ninkovic as vice
Wonder if we try offer Branners a leadership role to try entice another season

Good news as our game against PSG will be broadcast on BeIN.

2 Likes

Keen as for the Wolves game, I’ve actually got the day off so I might head down early and get on the sauce around town!

• Thursday, 18th July vs Dunbar Rovers at Leichhardt Oval (H), kick off 7:30pm.
  • Tuesday, 23rd July vs St George City FA at Jubilee Stadium (H), kick off 7:30pm.
  • Tuesday, 30th July vs Paris Saint-Germain at Suzhou Olympic Sports Centre (A), China, kick off 10:00pm.
  • Wednesday, 7th August vs Brisbane Roar at Leichhardt Oval (H), kick off 7:30pm. (Round of 32 FFA Cup)
  • Wednesday 14th August vs Wollongong Wolves at WIN Stadium, Wollongong (A), kick off 7:00pm
  • Saturday 21st September vs Newcastle Jets at Apex Oval, Dubbo (A), kick off 3pm.

If only we could have organised a three team tournament with Dunbar Rovers and Paris St Germain.

5 Likes

For the Townsville Cup?

1 Like

Apparently that was the original plan but PSG pulled out when they found out that they wouldn’t be the most hated team there.

3 Likes

Announcing our captain at the Dunbar game tomorrow. Would strongly assume its Wilko. Vice captain probably Ninkovic.

Yeah Wilko is absolutely nailed on.

Milos has never struck me as someone with the sort of leadership we need for that type of position. He’s often pretty quiet on the pitch. I wonder if maybe someone like Zullo would be a better fit? Grant is the only other one but again I wonder if he is a bit too chilled out.

Milos is more the lead by example type. He wore the armband when Brosque and Wilko were both off. If not I think ALF rather than Zullo or Grant.

Ignoring the noise about him leaving, and focusing on his two year deal I’d like to see branners get the armband. Wilko is a leader but is nearing the end of his career & i’d prefer to prepare for the future

3 Likes

Very unlikely but any idea if there might be a stream around for those who cant catch it tomorrow?