Pre-season games 2019

EDIT: Here’s our announced preseason games:

• Thursday, 18th July vs Dunbar Rovers at Leichhardt Oval (H), kick off 7:30pm.
  • Tuesday, 23rd July vs St George City FA at Jubilee Stadium (H), kick off 7:30pm.
  • Tuesday, 30th July vs Paris Saint-Germain at Suzhou Olympic Sports Centre (A), China, kick off 10:00pm.
  • Wednesday 14th August vs Wollongong Wolves at WIN Stadium, Wollongong (A), kick off 7:00pm
  • Saturday 21st September vs Newcastle Jets at Apex Oval, Dubbo (A), kick off 3pm.

Looks like we have a game against PSG lined up for the end of July in China:

Interesting. See PSG are also playing Inter and Stade Rennais in the comp so assume we’d play them too?

I’m not sure. It doesn’t seem to be one of those big pre-season tour cups that Melbourne have participated in before. I suspect this is our only game in that tour.

Are they sure they got this right? I’m assuming they were looking to play against China-based Australian team Port Adelaide and made a mistake.

5 Likes

I can’t wait until we bring home the David Koch Cup. We’ve been living off that Townsville Cup success for far too long now.

1 Like

Yeah sounds like its just PSG

Is there any wonder Neymar wants out before ending up in Rhyan Grant’s pocket.

3 Likes

Erm…we don’t even have a team to play them. Plus Neymar is injured.

Still another month but with players signed (+McGowan) we could still send out

Redmayne
Grant McGowan Wilkinson Zullo
Retre O’Neill
Ivanovic Ninkovic Barbarouses
ALF

Bench: Heward-Belle, King and youth players

Inj: Warland, Buhagier

Hopefully have signed on Tratt and Devlin at least by then too.

Or is he really??? Maybe he’s faking it to avoid Grant

We are playing Jets in Dubbo on 21 September.

Of all the places you could pick in the Central West, Dubbo is easily the shittest.

Tratt is a Dubbo lad. Had he stayed with us, you would think there would have been huge local interest.

Canowindra > Dubbo, and I’m by no means praising Canowindra.
Bathurst would have been a way better place to take a game, Grant played most of his youth in Bathurst.

Mariners did a preseason game in Orange some years ago and it was a fantastic weekend.

Yeah I remember that, I live in Orange but I was away that weekend.

Should have done it in mudgee at Glen willow. Easily the best ground in the area

2 Likes

It means proceeds for all of Sydney FC’s home pre-season friendlies (ALL tickets are just $5) will go to the Sydney FC Foundation, which aims to help the development of junior footballers within the Sydney FC Junior Academy.

Sydney FC will open their account against NPL NSW Men’s 3 side Dunbar Rovers on Thursday 18th July, kicking off at 7:30pm AEST at Leichhardt Oval.

A clash against NPL NSW Men’s 2 side St George City FA follows on Tuesday 23rd July at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, before Head Coach Steve Corica’s charges travel to China for a huge encounter against French giants Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) in Suzhou on Tuesday 30th July, kick off 10pm AEST.

By the way, I’m going to set up a full list of fixtures in the first post as they announced.

It’s a shame the club weren’t able to ensure Dunbar Rovers and Paris Saint Germain appeared in the same paragraph there.

1 Like

Especially as they’re both cunts. :wink:

2 Likes