Pre-season games: Rest of the league

Lazza was a great player… but fuck me dead he’s deplorable on the microphone.

He was exactly what you’d get if you stuck Archie in the commentary booth. Every anecdote was about himself and his career.

Really grinds my gears when these big European clubs come over for these friendlies and then get wheeled out with meet and greets with AFL teams, rather than the HAL club they are y’know, fucking playing.

Can do one.

1 Like

Brisbane had their first hitout on the weekend against lower NPL Qld table Redlands United.
Won 3-0.
“Goals from Mirza Muratovic, Rahmat Akbari and Aaron Amadi-Holloway sealed the victory in front of a 2,122 strong crowd at the Club’s City of Logan Training Facility.”

1 Like

Bielsa not here for the Westies game. Lol.

Someone check Foz is OK. He’ll take this hard.

That’s quite the coup by the RBB having him lead their first boycott of the new stadium.

6 Likes

Lazaridis is still terrible. Also, I pity anyone doing the “there is no friendly between these teams” drinking game.

Does anyone know if Leeds are having an open training session in Sydney or anything like that?

Confirmed open training session on Saturday 20/7 at 7:00pm. May have to buy tickets.

Is it too cheap not to go now? :joy:

I declined a free one, not having any part of helping fill it for them.

should have taken it and sold it for half price. Undercut them!

It is disappointing though in general when looking past the dislike of them. I know they can’t promote with ‘look it’s a premier league team’ but fans and generally just people who live somewhat close should still be excited by the first football game at what has been universally called a cracking ground done right.

Not a great start to the season, and yeh dislike them, but a somewhat full Bankwest for most of their games only helps the league as a whole during the coming season.

3 Likes

I strongly suspect once competitive football starts it will be a different story. Just thinking of our own glamour friendlies, I’ve probably only gone to half, and I suspect a lot of people here are the same. Those members who stayed away but bought memberships to secure their seat at Bankwest will be there come the season start.

I’ve never been to a friendly.
Couldn’t give a shit.

I’ve no interest in paying money to watch a training game.

3 Likes

WSW concede their first goal at their new ground.

1 Like

Wanderers still winless at home :grinning:

1 Like

Mariners play Newcastle NPL team Charlestown Azzurri tonight in Newcastle.

This will be Azzurri’s first game back to their old name from Charlestown Blues after the relaxation of the FFA naming rules.

City 2-2 with Oakleigh