Qatar 2022: The Games

Early days of course but not a great look for Asia at this tournament so far.

Great finishing but wow Iran look garbage.

Some Iran players starting to lose their shit. There will be a red card before this game is through.

+14 minutes stoppage time

England already slowing down their play massively. Might skip the second half and head to bed, I can’t see it getting much more high scoring than this.

I fully anticipate waking up to an 8-0 scoreline.

Kane shooting from anywhere and everywhere in the second half.

Saw the first goal, spent fifteen minutes fiddling with getting my tablet charged enough to boot and then get my password manager set up again so I could load onto SBS, to see the score at 3-0. Of course there’s no rewind in the app :rofl:

LOL WTF they just called HT over a minute early.

Weird to announce 14 minutes injury time and then only play 12:30…

I’m a huge fan of the app. They have a choice of a full replay (90 min), mini (25 min), extended highlights (10) or regular hilights (3 min), all free. You dont even get that on Bein Sport.

2 Likes

Damn those possession stats are insane

Iran with under 100 passes in 1st half is the stat that gobsmacked me.
England ripping them a new one 4-0
Defending for the 4th was a joke

And from nothing iran gets one back.

They’ll be fuming to concede but in the long run it will be better for England to get that wake up call at the back.

They were getting too casual in defence.

1 Like

And immediately hit back for a fifth through Rashford.

Southgate has some luxury bringing on Grealish, Foden and Rashford off the bench

Total of 24 minutes time added on.

Seriously how is that a penalty when the rugby tackle on the England player 2 mins in wasn’t.

That’s a pen but the rugby tackle on Maguire wasn’t?

Too much time in qualifiers spent playing anti-football. It bites you when you get to a major tourney and get a big team.

1 Like

Freedumb Land look pretty decent against Wales. Someone could definitely get sent off though.