Round 1 2019-20 Discussion - Football is back!

The winter hibernation is completed and the footballers emerge from their caves for another season of A-League.

Round 1 fixtures:
Saturday 5pm - WSW vs CCM
Saturday 7:30 - Melbourne vs Heart
Sunday 4pm - Nux vs Western United
Sunday 6pm - Perth vs Brisbane
Bye - Jets.

For me:
Wests
Draw
Draw
Perth

About bloody time!
CCM
Tards either/or
Nux
Perth

Wests
Vuck
WU
Perf
Bye

WSW
Draw
WU
Draw

Draw
Draw
Draw
Perth

1 Like

Wests
Victory
Draw
Perth

CCM
Victory
WU
Perth

CCM
City
Draw
Perth

If CCM can win that would make me very happy… no better start to the season than seeing that WSW mob lose to a different atrocious team!

Not too fussed with the other games… I’m in two minds about whether I want Robbie Fowler’s tenure to be a success - at least against Perth they have no hope so that’s easy.

A draw will be a good result for the Mariners with up to five players out, including four starters. Depth will really be tested.

that makes me sad… but I’ll take it!

Perth will be the only team to win this weekend, all other games will end in a draw.

Ive got $2 on that!

This is a great first up round. I’ll probably watch every game this weekend. I usually just watch Sydney and what ever sounds intresting

1 Like

Yeah they’ve done a good job of fixturing. The four remaining games all have some sort of narrative. I’m genuinely looking forward to watching both of tonight’s games.

1 Like

Gutted Sthimmo is suspended, was looking forward to some trademark sharpened elbows.

It’s pissing down, the A-League must be back!

1 Like

Will they hit 10k today?

Where the fuck were they the last 3 years?

And who the fuck is Nicholas Sullivan?