Round 1 - 2020-21 Discussion

I missed this. Yay A-League. Even better will be next year when we have Simon Hill commentating on Optus.

2 Likes

Diamanti a bit rusty compared to god-mode from late last year.

Both teams are pretty rusty. From our ACL form we would have no issues accounting for either

In the first games of the season, I’d expect most teams to be pretty rusty. It would be generous to say the first touch of Pierias is pretty rusty, though.

Lot of young players in Adelaides lineup. Interesting to see how they all go

I was looking forward to this game all day…

and then Speed started talking. :scream:

4 Likes

Unsure how WU can play from their new stadium in '23 when they have not yet received approvals for their design let alone broken any ground

1 Like

Was thinking the same

And earlier, Darryl Braithwaite was signing!

Sanchez has been quiet. Had expected him to be next level.

Speed pumping up Fox. Nah mate.

1 Like

Was Juric’s debut goal for Adelaide that screamer against us?

^^^ I believe so.

Hard to say what’s worse, Pain’s ice cream bowl haircut or Diamanti’s 200 totally unrelated miniature tough stickers.

2 Likes

There are some average moustaches on show as well

They’re having decent games too. Particularly impressed by Smith at left back, he’s putting in a lot of yards and breaking up the attacks fairly well.

I’m also keen to see how Delianov goes; he’s been touted as a great future prospect for a few years now.

^ idiot

1 Like

Game one, Berisha tries to start shit. I have missed this league.

3 Likes

He’s great value when he’s doing that shit so long as it’s not against us

Seeing our Calver help him is upsetting.

On Smith - Pierias would make any defender look good. He only has pace but no end product whatsoever. He’ll also tire as I don’t believe he was a 90min player last year

They should mike up Diamanti for the whole game.

2 Likes