Round 1 - 2020-21 Discussion

New drinking game- have a swig every time Speed mentions how many La Liga games Sanchez has.

One of the few multi millionaire’s who look like they have a crippling glue addiction.

2 Likes

It’s good to see Fox has brought along Zappa’s, Archie and Bruce for half time analysis. Last year they literally cut straight to 15mins of commercials

I hope we get Djite for more than just Adelaide games. He always has something valuable to say. I doubt it though, given he’s on Adelaide’s books.

Awkward moment when you hear chants of “United” at a WU-Adelaide game.

1 Like

Ref kits are fugly

That’s the best thing Wales has done all game. JFC …

1 Like

So there are 5 subs per game this year again. Should be great as a mechanism to give younger players more game time

Needs more practice

3 week break. Ouch

Despite it not being a particularly memorable game, I’m still surprised its 0-0. Some good defending on the line from both teams. Delianov has done well so far in goal.

It’s clearly just a matter of two decent teams needing to get their movement to gel a bit more. It’s been a really entertaining game I think despite the lack of clear cut chances. It’s not been cagey at all.

Given how little I drink nowadays, I’d be dead by halftime ja?

That should be a red

2 Likes

Anyone else think shit like that should be a straight red? Absolute bullshit that ruins the game

This might light the fires of the traditionalists, but there has to be another alternative. If you commit a rank professional foul like that, you sit out for 5 or 10 minutes. Their team plays on a player less in that time, and cannot replace that player until they at least return to the field of play. It seems like a no-brainer solution, but we all remember how long it took for VAR to actually come into football.

Lustica was obvious but hard to tell the difference between a professional foul and a regular foul most of the time.

Djite complaining about preseason - organising it is his job.

100%, always liked him, well spoken and his analysis is spot on. Him taking the job at AU was Fox’s loss and it could hardly be highlighted any more than when he stands in next to fucking Archie on nights like tonight.

Adelaide much better than I expected but still created 2/5ths of fuck all. Delianov was excellent, definitely the busier of the keepers, Western sure could’ve used a bit of nous / creativity from Maxi Burgess.

1 Like

Did anyone get a crowd figure for tonight’s game? It didn’t seem as diabolical as I expected.

Aus stadiums has it at 5128