Round 1 - Wellington vs Sydney FC - 2/1/21

Apologies if I’ve missed it - but apart from the above changes to the active section, fans are allowed for this one right? Keen to go down tomorrow.

I believe the only other change is a reduction to 50% seated capacity

Cheers guys.

My two cents for anyone that cares, regardless of it being the first game of the season you would be mad to go to a venue with that many people attending at the moment.

Stay at home.

2 Likes

I respect that opinion, but I think with maintaining social distancing and as cliche as this argument now is, how is it different to going to Woolies?

1 Like

$25 for a grandstand ticket? Not bad. Have sat there for a Dragons game and the view is mint, nice rake too.

1 Like

Just on morning walk past WIN stadium, pitch looks great. Ticket prices look very reasonable

1 Like

Doesn’t look like there are any more tickets available? I’d been holding off to see what happened with weather and COVID, and might have missed out :frowning:

There’s several people with spare on the cove fb page

Wheni looked for tickets the first offering is for wellington memberships, I mistakenly thought you couldn’t but any.

Go to the next line/date/page they were on sale.

Anyone have any ideas if the new restrictions affect this game?

Trent paying $3.40 any time goalscorer on sportsbet

I really wanted to go and had already got myself a ticket, but even with the small amount of COVID cases down there, along with health issues that could cause complications if I caught COVID, and the fact I’m pretty run down already, it means I will be missing out. Gutted, particularly as I like going to WIN Stadium, but I guess there will be other opportunities.

1 Like

Pretty sure any new restrictions come into force at midnight tonight?

2 Likes

Yep, midnight tonight:

• Controlled, outdoor gatherings (seated, ticketed, enclosed) reduced to 2,000 people

But even if these restrictions were already in force:

Whilst these measures do not apply to areas outside Greater Sydney (including Wollongong, Central Coast and Blue Mountains)

Hopefully this all calms down over next two weeks so that the derby is not impacted, but I’m not holding my breath. I suspect this will be another away derby on TV for me.

I can only restate what others have been saying above, not being able to see the first game of the season is gut wrenching but everyone (other than the footballers and match officials) who turns up to this game is an irresponsible idiot.

2 Likes

How is sitting in an outdoor venue with a mask on any more irresponsible than going to Coles with a mask on?

• You do not go shopping for 90 minutes

• Buying food is essential, live football isn’t.

• You don’t shout at the supermarket, the virus spreads when speaking or singing loudly.

2 Likes

You’ve never been shopping with my wife then! I’d argue it’s also much harder to socially distance whilst shopping than it is at an A-League game. I’m pretty sure all this alarmism was raised by certain people when fans were allowed back after lockdown. How many covid cases came from fans being allowed at the Grand Final for example? There’s no way the virus wasn’t in the community back then as well. As long as people at the game are sensible I see no increased risk in attending compared to other activities that are deemed essential.

3 Likes