Round 1 - Wellington vs Sydney FC - 2/1/21

Did you read the PM I sent you?

A dilemma… I figure it will be a tiny crowd as it has t stopped raining all day. Good news is that the game is on ABC TV, so nobody should miss out.

I figure the hill will be completely empty due to the rain.

i wonder how many covid cases have come from sporting events where crowds have been allowed? none as far as i have heard, all from pubs, restaurants, shops, gym etc.

there would be an uproar and instant ban of crowds if someone got one from a sports game.

I’ve actually managed to somehow attend many live games of football over the years without singing or speaking loudly at all!!

Per an earlier post, there will not be active support and people should just refrain from chanting.

Can the debate around the health ramifications of attending or not be shifted to another thread. I have extremely strong views on this (that I’m keeping to myself) and I would rather not have the football threads full of COVID chat. Important discussions to be had - not that anyone should be getting their health information from a forum - but maybe for somewhere else.

I was hoping for hysterical Kosta whinging on this thread tbh.

3 Likes

Agreed.
Match thread chat, pre-game, should only be about the baguetteing of peaches and the posting of alternative formations that we’ll never see used.
Post-game chat is reserved for feasting on goo and folding of the club.

7 Likes

No Bobo, no W.

We should line-up:

Grant
VDS Wilkinson McGowan Zullo
Hof-Brattan
Ninko-Caceres
Buhagier-Kosta

3 Likes

I think it might be quite a scrappy game due to first game nerves and the wet weather. Hopefully we can win the midfield and control the tempo of the game if Brattan/Grant/The Hof are playing.

Retre’s injury has come at a bad time for him. Hoff could secure himself as a starter by the time he is back.

Why Warland instead of McGowan? Is he underdone because he missed the ACL?

Why King instead of Zullo?

Davila and Hemed on the bench for the Nux. Some replacement power there.

Apart from swapping King and Zullo, can’t really complain about that. Not sure why McGowan isn’t starting, presumably because he hasn’t had a preseason, but I guess we might give him a bit more time before we ease him back in.

Good to see Bimbi shuffling the pack. Presumably all form and fitness but we have the squad for it - King, Caceres* and Warland all start in most other sides.

*Disclaimer - I have a non-sexual crush on Caceres.

1 Like

I have a sexual crush on Caceres. Was worried he might miss out with everyone fit and ready to go.

2 Likes

Seems like Wood has overtaken Swibel in the pecking order. Though that’ll probably be Bobos bench spot anyway

Loving that bench. We are fucking stacked.

1 Like