Round 10 - Newcastle vs Sydney FC - 1/1/23

V City. He started. Subbed off at H/T

1 Like

The only way down is 11th and 12th!
Hooray!

2 Likes

https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/steve-corica-and-sky-blues-feeling-the-pressure-ahead-of-crucial-battle-with-newcastle/news-story/8085ba92749a0ae083a818c220b136dc

Sounds like Corica’s been read the riot act by the board, and anything less than a win will see him go.

The cross promotion with BBL is interesting, a good move.

If I wasn’t a member and purchased a ticket to the Sydney FC game, I’d likely go to the BBL game. Perhaps they should have extended the campaign to members.

I can imagine a few cricket fans attending the A League game, given the hype of the Socceroos. Pity the terrible events since will have tarnished that quite a bit, but there would still be some interest.

1 Like

Nothing for members seems, odd.

1 Like

That’s a bit of a stretch if you’re pulling that from the article.

Yeah, but if we lose can we just forfeit the rest of the season?

My blood pressure went up.

Chill Winston

2 Likes

A loss this weekend, especially another heavy one, should absolutely be the end of Corica’s tenure. Enough is enough.

1 Like

Was tempted to get tickets tunnel side in order to bid (a polite) farewell, but the away bay discount won out in the end.

I dunno. As has been discussed, it’s uncertain whether we have any viable alternative to give more than half a season to, and the club signed on for exactly this by extending Corica.

I think at a certain point though, you start losing fans by holding onto Corica (if that hasn’t started happening already). I defended him a lot last season but tend to think the time is now to cut the cord.

It becomes detrimental to keep him on board even if he gets some wins here and there that keep us in the hunt for the top 6, and there is no viable replacement.

I guess my point is there’s no reason to keep him just because there’s no viable alternative right now, or because he still has another 1.5 seasons left on contract - sort of a sunk cost fallacy type thing.

Anyway let’s focus on losing this one first and debating Corica’s exit after the game.

3 Likes

All the buzz about this season is gone.
Everyone just seems angry

5 Likes

Yeah, any enthusiasm I had walking up to the new stadium to see us take on Australia’s shame has been washed away.

I shall watch tomorrow, probably hungover, and it’ll make me feel worse

I know it’s been said before but these 3pm kick offs in the middle of summer are ridiculous. No way am I making the drive up to bake in the away bay! Props to all those who do.

Booked a non-refundable night up there before the shit hit the fan. Still heading up but I doubt i’ll actually attend.

More than Rodwell or Caballo or ALF , signing Corica for 2 years after last year’s performance was nothing short of ridiculous. What we are now seeing was entirely predictable and has wasted at least one season if not two.

3 Likes

I blame Redmayne. No national hero / Wiggle routine = Arnie sacked pre-WC and probably back before Corica is even extended.

Nevermind then we would never have had the slightest shred of optimism about the game in this country, no one would have cared about the GF decision and the Swan Street Riot never happens.

It’s all on you Redders!

2 Likes

Anyone got any tips on best places to park near the ground?