Round 11 - 2019/20 Discussion

If we get -2 points or better tomorrow, we’ll have twice the points that Wests do even though they won their first 3 of the season.

Do we reckon the top six is settled at this point?

Those outside 5 are pretty woeful.

Depends which clubs bring in enough quality during transfer window AND who leaves?

Nothing’s decided until the numbers say so.

In RugbyLeague history,one year(long ago),Souffs had to win every game to get 4th and then every game to win the comp…and that’s what happened.

It’s a close comp,2 wins from the lacklustre teams can get them into contention.

Perff were last a few games ago,they can go back there!

NorWesters were top,but they can get last if they try hard enough!

Wow. Bold take.

I guess I’m disagreeing with this.

Those outside 5 are getting regularly stomped and it’s hard to imagine a world where they turn it all around.

Wellington may be vulnerable. But other than that…

So 1vlast is a 1-0 and it’s not a close comp?..last could have won,from what I saw.

The bye is really distorting the table.

It really needs a points per game- which probably puts Victory last

It’s a crap season,if ya look at the big picture.

There a competition for a trophy that’s just not fair,just because FC have 3 games against the weaker teams(Tards,NorWesters Jets,Roar)…Luck of the draw.

Even with 12 and 3 rounds,the teams that get the extra home game has the advantage for the Plate.

As others have said, the bye throws the table out a bit. City are ahead of the rest and providing MacLaren stays fit they should lock down 2nd but there’s not much between the rest, Brisbane & Newcastle excluded.
The only teams I’m comfortable writing off for the top 6 at this stage are those 2. I don’t think Hoolahan will make that much of a difference to Newcastle when he returns. He’ll be well under done and looking to get match fitness at the height of summer so I see him struggling and Brisbane are an absolute shambles.
Perth are weaker than last season and it’s pretty obvious they’re aiming for a deep run in the ACL. While they’ll still be dangerous come the finals I don’t think they’ll be any danger in the league.
Adelaide are the Arsenal (of previous years) of the league and will finish 4th, it’s what they do.
WU’s position is inflated due playing 2 & 3 more games than the 3 teams directly below them. Kone is going to be out for a bit as well so their midfield is going to be much weaker.
CCM definitely shouldn’t be on the bottom and as I said in the wash up from the game last week, I think they will finish in the top half at seasons end. If they beat Adelaide this weekend they will only be 5 points of 5th with a game in hand.
Wellington deserve to be where they are at the moment but if Davila is out for any length of time then I can see them going into freefall.
MV & WSW still have the quality in the squad to string a few wins together and if they come against those teams directly above them then they will move up to 3rd/4th pretty quickly.

Interesting discussion but apart from the top 2 there really is not enough data in yet.

My crystal ball is so foggy with smoke that I cannot make any meaningful predictions.

Hopefully the smoke and predictions will be clearer by the end of January after a few more games, some transfers and some rain.

Since when have MV been referred to as ‘the big V’?

A small, tight V is way better than a big one.

1 Like

Well they have been getting pretty regularly peach baguetted this season.

1 Like

poor crowd for a derby

This game is win/win

The big VTards,ya not heard of them?

I said to my girlfriend the other day, “I’d like a little V”.

She said, “So would I. Mine’s as big as a house.”

A team funded by an oppressive authoritarian theocracy and a team whose culture has been moulded by Kevin Muscat. There are no winners here.

3 Likes

Hey, Melbourne is the sporting capital of the world.

Toivonen ghosting in at the back post. Jeez. Who could have predicted that?

2 Likes