Round 11 - Wellington vs Sydney FC - 21/12/19

We haven’t missed them lucklily. Mariners game wasnt due to them being out. Also gives more minutes to boys who will be involved in the ACL.

With O’Neill still in a brace and Zullo having a history of injury problems it’s likely still a few weeks away or even after the bye in January.

Would have been nice to have a full strength squad against the next 2 teams

I’m surprised that Milos is in, after how he looked when he came off on Saturday.
He does tend to hobble about a bit in general though, then always gets a spring in his step once the game is on.

Beathcakes :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

I’m at the airport on my way to Wellington. I think they’ve stolen some design tips from The Cove. Just needs “this city is ours” to complete it.

5 Likes

Devlin with some nice things to say about the club

Preview is up. I forgot just how good that Grant goal was in the previous game:

Previous Matches

Head-to-Head

Wins: 22 (56.4%)

Draws: 4 (10.3%)

Losses: 13 (33.3%)

Sydney FC record at Westpac Stadium

Wins: 7 (41.2%)

Draws: 3 (17.6%)

Losses: 7 (41.2%)

Last 5 Matches

20/10/19 – Sydney FC 2 – 1 Wellington

23/02/19 – Wellington 0 – 1 Sydney FC

23/01/19 – Wellington 0 – 1 Sydney FC

8/12/18 – Sydney FC 1 – 3 Wellington:

2/2/18 – Sydney FC 4 – 0 Wellington

Records

Biggest Win – 6 goals:

19/01/13 – Sydney FC 7 – 1 Wellington

Biggest Loss – 2 goals:

5 occasions: 4/1/12, 6/10/12, 20/12/14, 12/03/16, 8/12/18*

*Note: We did lose by 3 goals in a pre-season cup match in 2007-08 but I do not count this as a competitive fixture.

Most Goals in a Game – 8 goals:

19/01/13 – Sydney FC 7 – 1 Wellington

Most Appearances vs Phoenix – Alex Brosque (23)

Most Goals vs Phoenix – Bobo (7)

Key Statistics

• Sydney FC are on a 6 game winning streak. This is the longest streak since 18/11/17 to 30/12/17, when Sydney won 8 games in a row.
  • Rhyan Grant has scored 8 league goals. 3 of these have come against Wellington.
  • The last time Sydney FC lost against Wellington in Wellington was on 22/12/13, a 1-0 loss during Frank Farina ’s reign.

Note: Appearances and goals only include league games, finals, FFA Cup, OFC and AFC Champions League and Club World Cup.

2 Likes

We were shite last week, and we were shite last time out against the Nix.
However, we tend to find it easier away, so I think we should be OK. I can see a draw here.

1 Like

I remember that 7-1 game, I goto to the pub late & missed the first 2 goals… fucking Perth traffic (5 cars on the road at one time).

All things considered we’re gonna get corn holed

I’ve just realised this game is 2:45pm …

Plenty of time post match to drink away the memory of conceding to a Sotiro Hattrick.

I expect the Nix to come out strong for the first 20 and probably dominate but will fade away as the game goes.

A close 2-1 win for me.

Uh, yeah. WTF? When did this change?

Everything I have shows it as 5:15 AEDT. Did it change just to get the Tardby on FTA?

Yeah I think that’s what it is.

Yep, fair play, it was noted here:

Mustn’t have bothered noting the away change, especially given we seem to have Welly away at the most expensive holiday times every season.

I endorse the challenge set to the Fever to get the 12 Pubs of Lockhead in on a reduced timeframe.

Ninko on the bench for Caceres but apart from that it is an unchanged line-up. Cam Devlin is starting for the nux.

Weird that they took Ninko over if he’s not fit to start. Should’ve left him here to completely heal for the run of games coming up.

It’s so weird having the game at this time of day.

Have we ever had a team so capable of continuous one touch passing?

I’m commencing a “heavy touch from Sotirio” drinking game.

2 Likes