Round 11 - Wellington vs Sydney FC - 21/12/19

This should be an interesting game. I seem to remember that they had our measure last time and we were lucky to win but we are looking so much better lately. A much improved performance is needed.

Any news on the injuries?

I’m flying over for the game, my first welly trip :slight_smile:

I think this is going to be a tough game, a bit of a clash of styles.

1 Like

Cagey game we lose by 2.

Wellington have looked good the last 4 weeks but in that time they’ve played Brisbane, WSW & Melbourne, probably the 3 worst sides this season.
That they ran us so close earlier in the season should see the boys not take them so lightly this time. 2-0 win.

I assume Milos will stay home and rest up that calf before we all celebrate his birthday. Therefore:

5 Likes

They are really clicking. Could be a hard game. Uffy has bought some good players (Ball and Ulysses look decent).

3 Likes

I’d be pretty happy with a point going into it. Nix have been pretty good all season and got some classic Uffie shithousery going on.

As someone who hasnt seen much of the Nux has has Matti Steinmann and Reno Piscopo been doing?

Steinmann is a midfield enforcer who has done well controlling the midfield for them alongside the less experienced Rufer & Devlin. He doesn’t mind giving away a foul if he is getting done by his man though so he could be targeted early to get him on a yellow.
Piscopo is like a left sided Sotirio. Does some good stuff, has good ball control and has a bit of speed to him but there’s not much of an end product there. He shouldn’t be causing Rhyno many issues however I think he may start on the bench with Gary Hooper coming into the starting line-up.

1 Like

These look like incognito names. The first as used by Matt Simon.

5 Likes

Piscopo is not great. He is has some technical ability but it never goes anywhere. No idea why they paid for him.

Ball, Ulysses and Hooper could hurt us and Sotiro is fast but headless. They have weapons but we should be fine if we pick up from last week.

I have done a double take more than once, expecting to see albino elbows on screen, when Welly are at home and the Kiwi commentators have called him with that accent.

1 Like

Steinmann came with a good resume but haven’t heard him mentioned when there’s talk about the Nux (it’s all Davila) and Piscopo was obviously very hyped as a junior

Really we should be going into every game as favourites this season. The other teams need to lift their standard

Steinmann isn’t a player that will attract the attention. He does the dirty work so Davila can work his magic. He plays a very similar role to Juande at Perth.
Piscopo, regardless of the hype, is just like every other young winger in the A-League. He’s just missing that end product. He may well find it through regular playing time but at the moment I wouldn’t consider him a major danger in their side.

1 Like

Same here. It’s like they’re saying Matt Simon with a bit of a lisp.

1 Like

Saturday, 21 December 2019
Westpac Stadium, Wellington
Kick-Off:
4:45pm (Local) (2:45pm (AEDT))

Referee: Chris Beath
Assistant Referee 1: Anton Shchetinin
Assistant Referee 2: Ashley Beecham
Fourth Official: Ben Abraham
VAR: Nick Waldron

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 2:30pm (AEDT), Sky Sport 7 (New Zealand), Kayo Sports (www.kayosports.com.au) and MyFootball Live App, Live Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers