Round 12 - Perth vs Sydney FC - 14/1/23

Is it wrong to want to lose?

Might as well get it over & done with.

Yes and no.

I always want to see us win, but the team is so flat and stale at the moment, and with Corica at the helm, weā€™re only going backwards. A win is always the aim, but every time we pick up 3 points it will do nothing but paper over the cracks and faults of Coricaā€™s coaching and leadership.

I love Corica, heā€™s a club legend, but weā€™re not going to move forward with him at the helm. However, every half-intelligent supporter also understands that with every loss his position becomes more and more untenable and brings us closer to replacing him which will potentially allow us to move forward.

This will be a shitty 1-1 draw.

We will win. Bimbi still has a few more lives left

I never want to lose, but lately losing has had a ā€˜silver liningā€™ so to speak that has made it a lot easier to take.

1-1 draw, definitely Glory scoring last.

Regardless of the dullard masquerading as the coach I never want to lose. Iā€™m tipping a 1-1 also.

1 Like

Weā€™re going to win 3-nil.

1 Like

I want us to win every game. Even in this scenario, I think the chances of Corica being fired before the end of the season are slim. The only way I can see it happening is if the club has an opportunity to sign a manager that they really want and need to act immediately to make it happen. Otherwise, I can see us finishing the season and then seeing an announcement from the club released in the same week stating that Coricaā€™s contract has been terminated and that they are looking for a replacement.

You might as well hope for us to win. Weā€™re not sacking Corica this season.

Even if we lose 5-0 this week?

I donā€™t see it happening

Unless home attendances plummet?

Then weā€™ll sack him in the off season a year before his contract ends and thatā€™ll be the silver lining.

This may be one of those rare cases where the board backing the manager actually means theyā€™re backing him.

How about we win this game, and every other game left in the season. Win the GF.
Then Corica leaves for a lucrative gig in Japan.
Win/Win

4 Likes

Would be nice but far less goo involvedā€¦ā€¦so yeah nah

1 Like

He should get sacked regardlessā€¦

Can I have some of what youā€™re smoking.

2 Likes

If Rodwell, Brattan and Lolley all start, weā€™ll snag a comfortable 2-0 win.