Round 12 - Perth vs Sydney FC - 9/1/19

Obviously benefit from Ikonomidis’ absence, although Keogh’s form has been improving. Really hope Djulbic plays, he was rubbish last time we played them.

Ikonimidis has bailed them out a few times this season so it is probably a good time to be facing Perth.

In the last paragraph of this piece Bossi says we aren’t making too many changes and De Silva will likely be on the bench:

That makes me think we line up the same way we did against CCM.

Same flat start as always then. Rightio.

2 Likes

First away game since the last away game against… er… Perth.

I’m onboard with this, and if its true Brsoque is being rested and that De Jong is starting alongside Le Fondre, it means De Silva starting is almost a certainty.

This is a real important three points that really can shape our chances of topping the league if we can pick them up.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Brosque off the bench in this one. Him attacking a tired defence in the last 30 minutes will be very nice.

In a selection shock, corica has named the same team as Saturday

I don’t even know why I bothered posting this.

really surprised that Brosque is starting, thought he would have been given a bit of a rest. Can only imagine that this weekend he’ll be rested instead. Corica has obviously gone with what he believes is the strongest squad against Perth given that they’re top.

In other news, how shit is the Perth Glory crest.

I like how impactful that bench looks.

Rat Bastard Santalab starting instead of Keogh is a bit of a surprise, surely ?

Big surprise Keogh isn’t starting. It might have something to do with the fornaroli swap rumours, who knows

Santalab works much better as an impact player off the bench rather than starting in the first XI. I can’t recall a game that he’s started since the earlier WSW seasons. Hope saying this doesn’t come back and bite me.

I’d much rather play against Chianese - Santalab - Castro than Ikonimidis - Keogh - Castro. Circumstances might have favoured us here.

1 Like

We’re not going to rest anyone from our best XI against one of the teams at the top of the ladder…

Brosque deserves a rest at some point soon, been terrific and at 35 any injury could end him.

This was the starting lineup against the wooden spooners.

2 Likes