Round 12 - Sydney FC vs Melbourne City - 29/12/19

Who could miss from there? Noone!

2 Likes

Stop it milos

aaargh

Ahh Alfie

Given that ALF belts it down the middle every time it was inevitable someone would save one.

2 Likes

ABJ is having a shocker

Oh dear.

My big concern is that we very rarely keep a clean sheet, so can we go through the second half without conceding?

I hate penalty takers going middle low, you bring the keepers legs into it.

Always go top bins

Love Alfieā€™s response to the saved penalty. Good on him.

Iā€™m sceptical but, touchwood, weā€™ve played like we deserve a point.

Just one of these crosses will get to Maclaren and thatā€™s all it will take.

Both he and Kosta. Baumjohann may come good in second half, but Kosta trotting around up on the left is a luxury we canā€™t afford tonight.

Iā€™d hook him to Caceres to Mid and go with just Alf up front.

Retre is absolutely stinking tonight too. First touch always a bit too heavy , and inside, and predictable, and then puts the next team mate in trouble.

Heā€™s doing a lot more defensive work than he usually gets away with so I wouldnā€™t be surprised if thatā€™s affecting him.

100%. I was just saying to a mate I think this is more defensive work Iā€™ve seen him do than the rest of the season combined.

Thatā€™s my concern too

But hopefully my concerns will be proven groundless.

ABJ isnā€™t going to do well if he has to track back. Need to change expectations.

On a side note, whatā€™s going to happen to the ref.

The commentary team said something about him being back after a monthā€™s ā€˜restā€™ for a terrible penalty decision that he made (or didnā€™t make, Iā€™m not sure as I didnā€™t see it when it happened.

But so far he had to be told to give a yellow to Griffiths (which in my opinion he deserved no matter what the commentators say) and also the red to Grant - again as clear a red as you can get/

Caceres on for ABJ. Well Caceres canā€™t tackle but at least he will suit the formation a bit better.

I hate this ā€œplaying for a pointā€ commentary. Thereā€™s no reason why we still canā€™t win this one easily. Weā€™ve been a class above all year, now weā€™re just a half a class ahead with a player short.

Fuck these cunts. Weā€™re Sydney FC.

8 Likes

Phew